Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me with my setup....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Honestly. My car is loud at WOT but not raspy and blathering. It is nice and subdued until that. You need to look closely at the cars that your talking about that are to loud with headers. FInd out what their exact setup is. My guess is you've heard them with ORY's and a Borla or GMMG or some other intended to be loud exaust. The header add quality to the sound of your exaust. The Cat back you choose makes the difference in loudness.
I dunno, I just got done listening to a dozen different exhaust setups on LS1sounds.com and the stuff with catted ypipes sound just as loud and obnoxious as the others. I guess I'm a sissy but I don't want that much attention and I enjoy listening to the stereo. I like the sound of my Corsa as it is, but I know adding headers with a cam would give me about 50-60 hp.... decisions decisions....
Old 07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shudog
I dunno, I just got done listening to a dozen different exhaust setups on LS1sounds.com and the stuff with catted ypipes sound just as loud and obnoxious as the others. I guess I'm a sissy but I don't want that much attention and I enjoy listening to the stereo. I like the sound of my Corsa as it is, but I know adding headers with a cam would give me about 50-60 hp.... decisions decisions....
Well romp on it and your gonna hear it. Its a friggin V-8. If you want power its gonna make noise. You cant get around that. Maybe a turbo is your best option, depending on which one you could be semi quiet. But then that whistle .... dont want to interrup your tunes.. give me a break. How loud do you think it is in the car?!? My tunes are fine and I dont need to turn them up over the exaust.