Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got head/cam and have Q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Honestly man maybe there were mistakes with his car before, and maybe it wasnt all your fault, but seriously making comments about a guys wife (above) and taking over $5000 and having a car run like **** isnt acceptable at all. FWIW I paid $3000 total for everything that was installed in my sig at Dez Racing. That included a cam kit with 232/238 custom ground cam, comp duals, tit retainers, hardened pushrods, underdrive pulley, ported TB, and 160 degree thermostat. They also installed the following parts provided by me: installation of weld in SFCs, bilsteins and new shocks, ls6 intake manifold, LCA's, panhard rod, new ls7 clutch and ls2 flywheel, new master and slave cylinder, new knock sensors and knock harness, fuel filter, gutted my cats, and changed the tranny fluid and coolant for me. On top of all this Don spent hours tuning my car doing street runs and data logging, then bringing it back to the dyno and tuning it some more, and repeated this process a couple of times to make sure that the car was running perfect. Although I didnt have heads installed he was willing to order the prc ls6 heads I wanted, along with the new valve covers, coil packs, gaskets, arp head bolts, etc that I needed, and installed thema nd dynoed it again for only another $2000. That would have been $5000 total, with my car running in PERFECT shape. Also, I know Don wouldnt have let the car leave the shop if it werent running in tip top shape. If you guys want to keep customers and have a good rep on this board you need to take care of them, not charge the **** out of them and give them a car that runs like crap back. Im sure if you were up front that there were issues with the car the owner would have paid you to fix them, but to install a bunch of parts, then have the car run like **** and act like it isnt your problem is a joke. Anyways to the original poster glad the car is finally running right after taking it to A&A and those numbers seem kinda low so id double check to make sure you even have the cam and heads your supposed to as that combo should make a lot more power.

that was nice of you to defend me.... aparently Rob was not paying attention when I called and b*****d him out because I never said we had a lot of problems STILL I said that we had a lot of problems when we first got the car almost 2 years ago....he is just a bad business man and an even worse mechanic, if he can call himself that....
Old 08-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Teching In

No problem, hate to see people get taken by shady performance shops. I cant even imagine waiting 6+ weeks for my car after dropping it off for a simple H/C/dyno installation. My car was at Dez Racing for less than a full week and everything was done to perfection, and from the list above and in my sig you can see it was a ton of stuff. Although it sucks that they took so much money from you and never did what they said they would, its good to get the feedback on shady performance shops so that the rest of the board knows enough not to go there. Hopefully their shop gets whats coming to them in the end.
AS IF HAVING THE CAR IN THE SHOP WAS NOT BAD ENOUGH HE HAD IT 6+ WEEKS, AND WE HAD TO RENT A CAR FOR MOST OF THE TIME...AND WHEN ASKED HOW MUCH LONGER IT WOULD BE BECAUSE WE WERE DISHING OUT THE MONEY FOR THE RENTAL CAR...HIS ONLY REPLY OR HIS RECEPTIONISTS REPLY WAS "I DONT KNOW YET, YOU WILL HVAE TO TALK TO ROB", MY QUESTION "IS HE IN" HER ANSWER " NOPE HE COMES IN WHEN HE FEELS LIKE IT LIKE AROUND 3PM OR SO YOU NEED TO CALL BACK THEN" THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! I FEEL SORRY FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE THEIR CARS THERE....NO TELLING HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN THERE!!!
THEY ARE A VERY FRUSTERATING COMPANY!!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snakeeater2003wifey
AS IF HAVING THE CAR IN THE SHOP WAS NOT BAD ENOUGH HE HAD IT 6+ WEEKS, AND WE HAD TO RENT A CAR FOR MOST OF THE TIME...AND WHEN ASKED HOW MUCH LONGER IT WOULD BE BECAUSE WE WERE DISHING OUT THE MONEY FOR THE RENTAL CAR...HIS ONLY REPLY OR HIS RECEPTIONISTS REPLY WAS "I DONT KNOW YET, YOU WILL HVAE TO TALK TO ROB", MY QUESTION "IS HE IN" HER ANSWER " NOPE HE COMES IN WHEN HE FEELS LIKE IT LIKE AROUND 3PM OR SO YOU NEED TO CALL BACK THEN" THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! I FEEL SORRY FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE THEIR CARS THERE....NO TELLING HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN THERE!!!
THEY ARE A VERY FRUSTERATING COMPANY!!

Wow I cant believe that, that is just a sure sign of a company that wont be in business too much longer. You should definately contact the Bureau of Btter Business and let them know what happened. They might not get your money back but if a complaint is filed that will be one strike against them and if they end up having more complaints then the BBB will eventually close them down. I can only imagine how frustrated you and your husband must be with the whole situation. Also, its pretty funny how the guy from Strictly Performance hasnt posted back up yet to refute anything...
Old 08-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Wow I cant believe that, that is just a sure sign of a company that wont be in business too much longer. You should definately contact the Bureau of Btter Business and let them know what happened. They might not get your money back but if a complaint is filed that will be one strike against them and if they end up having more complaints then the BBB will eventually close them down. I can only imagine how frustrated you and your husband must be with the whole situation. Also, its pretty funny how the guy from Strictly Performance hasnt posted back up yet to refute anything...
YEAH HE HAS NOT POSTED ANYTHING ELSE IN RESPONSE BECAUSE HE HAS NO RESPONSE!! HE KNOWS HE IS A SHADY BUSINESS MAN AND NOW EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUIT HIM AND HIS SHOP!! HE WILL GET WHAT IS COMING TO HIM THOUGH!!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Default Whoo hoo

YEAH HE HAS NOT POSTED ANYTHING ELSE IN RESPONSE BECAUSE HE HAS NO RESPONSE!! HE KNOWS HE IS A SHADY BUSINESS MAN AND NOW EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUIT HIM AND HIS SHOP!! HE WILL GET WHAT IS COMING TO HIM THOUGH!!
Hell yeah to that!!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ROB55
if i wanted to screw over the guy i would have reported him to his c.o. but i am not willing to ruin someones career over $350.00 and yes there were problems with the first dyno due to his ignition switch interfering with the vats it would make a good pull and then a bad one....but as you said we never dyno tuned it ....right.....

Hey guys, I hope you all come to an understanding with each other that life is short and we should all be friends. But I was wondering if you could help me come to an understanding of how a VATS system would cause a car to make a "good pull and then a bad one" on the dyno? I might be wrong, but doesn't a VATS system transmit a resistance code from the key to the P.C.M. to enable the injector drive? Last I checked, my o-scope told me that 1.5ms of injector pulse wasn't enough to even get an ls1 started? hmmm?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by royz31tls1
Hey guys, I hope you all come to an understanding with each other that life is short and we should all be friends. But I was wondering if you could help me come to an understanding of how a VATS system would cause a car to make a "good pull and then a bad one" on the dyno? I might be wrong, but doesn't a VATS system transmit a resistance code from the key to the P.C.M. to enable the injector drive? Last I checked, my o-scope told me that 1.5ms of injector pulse wasn't enough to even get an ls1 started? hmmm?
yes but if it is trigerd due to something shorting out in the ignition switch it would act like it was just started and trigger the vats..
Old 08-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ROB55
yes but if it is trigerd due to something shorting out in the ignition switch it would act like it was just started and trigger the vats..
Well then, if that's the case??? The Car started up perfectly on the finally day I picked it up... "I'll hand you that." Then why wouldn't it shift out of 1st gear until 45 mph @ an outragously high RPM? Above all, why did I need to take it to A&A Corvette and pay an extra $575 to fix the tuning issue???? "Now everythings working fine!"
Old 08-23-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Damn,,,chalk one up on the "never go there" list. Glad to hear everything is now going ok.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
Damn,,,chalk one up on the "never go there" list. Glad to hear everything is now going ok.
Thanks Bad blue!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one peaked my interest! Very entertaining and informative. Well I hope everyone works everything out. Good luck guys and keep the gloves on, "save those knuckles for turning wrenches."
Old 08-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mikep2002
This one peaked my interest! Very entertaining and informative. Well I hope everyone works everything out. Good luck guys and keep the gloves on, "save those knuckles for turning wrenches."

I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT WE ARE HELPFUL WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN GOING TO THIS COMPANY...AT LEAST WE CAN SAVE THEM THE TROUBLE AND THE HEARTACHE AND THE DAMAGE ON THE CHECKBOOK!!!

SABRINA
Old 08-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Teching In

I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT WE ARE HELPFUL WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN GOING TO THIS COMPANY...AT LEAST WE CAN SAVE THEM THE TROUBLE AND THE HEARTACHE AND THE DAMAGE ON THE CHECKBOOK!!!

SABRINA
Sooo weeee!! Let's Get ur done!!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snakeeater2003
Sooo weeee!! Let's Get ur done!!