Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Rocker assm for the Cash????

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006 | 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Default Best Rocker assm for the Cash????

Ok Yes, I'm new and heard this is the place where the real LS racers hang.
So I have a 2000 m6 stock everything on the motor and some clutch and pipe work, I had a Hypertech special made for my vin. and I can now turn the rev limiter up to 6600 however as you all know the stock springs wont go pass 6200 .. so i met a guy whom worked at Cranes and he said i could put near 30 hp by adding there rockers spring kit ???? Anyone done this, or know if he full of Sheeeeoot?????

I have a stock Ls1 pushin 313rwhp and 325rwtq .. and I want More power with out adding cam heads BECAUSE my co. has a dealers licence and i may want to upgrade to a 03/04 Z06. so im tring to keep the car where i could roll it back and sell it to anyone ..

Any suggestions?
Old 08-10-2006 | 05:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Reving a stock cam past 6300 is pointless.
Yes the Crane 1.82 rockers will add lifts so that in turn will add power. But 30rwhp, I don't think so. Maybe 15 if properly done.
as far as springs, either get a set of 02+ LS6 or Comp 915 or Comp 918's.
The Crane kit is ~$650 without springs.
Old 08-10-2006 | 06:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

buy a cam instead of changing ratio. you need to do a lot of reading.
Old 08-10-2006 | 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
buy a cam instead of changing ratio. you need to do a lot of reading.
His original point was he couldn't change the cam. The Cranes will add some power, but as stated above you need to go to different springs as well. Since you want to minimize changes, I would go with the Comp 918's with the Crane rockers rather than the dual where a valve seal change will also be required. The 918's are drop in.
Old 08-17-2006 | 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Default thanks

Originally Posted by vettenuts
His original point was he couldn't change the cam. The Cranes will add some power, but as stated above you need to go to different springs as well. Since you want to minimize changes, I would go with the Comp 918's with the Crane rockers rather than the dual where a valve seal change will also be required. The 918's are drop in.
Thank you all.. sorry it took so long to reply ...

unfortunatly due to my lack of restaint im now on probation for a year ... OOPPPS ..

so im now only going to track and have more time, and hopfully cash. I want get these parts even though i will now have to think hard.. if im only gaining 2000 real rpm (meaning if then flatin out at 62 im shifting before then) is $450.00-600 worth spending??? luckly im in the biz so should be able to find a good deal on these part numbers .. since i was working the grandopening/car show/dyno day a few weeks ago i got my numbers finnaly and I AM pretty happy withthem even though i get bashed on here for calling my car a stock ls1 .. oh well

I would like to swap my z for a 03/04 z06 (sell mine and buy one at auction)
Reading ... have any links or suggestions
Old 08-17-2006 | 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

If you want my opinion it isn't worth it. You are on probation anyway so just go ahead and get a Z06 before you start spending money. It would be cheaper and easier to do a cam swap than a rocker swap, IMO. I hate messing with the intake and fuel injectors... Plenty of cuts. :-)
Old 08-17-2006 | 05:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Keep the stock rockers and turn the rev limiter back to stock.

Buy some nice longtube headers and throw away the Hypertech