Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another bolt question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another bolt question

I ordered my H/C package from TSP last week, I got the ARP Harmonic Balancer Bolt and the basic H/C Kit, bolts and gaskets. With the ARP bolt be the one that I use to remove and restart the crank pulley? THen use the gm bolt for the final.

I am in the middle of pulling everything apart cause I want to have it all ready when my H/C get here. The pulley is as far off as the stock bolt will let it go. Yes I have searched, and I cant figure out what everyone is talking about with some of their contraptions??? Any thoughts would be great. I live in a smaller town so the chance of me finding the bolt that I need is about nill. Thanks again in advance
Old 08-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beasst8
I ordered my H/C package from TSP last week, I got the ARP Harmonic Balancer Bolt and the basic H/C Kit, bolts and gaskets. With the ARP bolt be the one that I use to remove and restart the crank pulley? THen use the gm bolt for the final.

I am in the middle of pulling everything apart cause I want to have it all ready when my H/C get here. The pulley is as far off as the stock bolt will let it go. Yes I have searched, and I cant figure out what everyone is talking about with some of their contraptions??? Any thoughts would be great. I live in a smaller town so the chance of me finding the bolt that I need is about nill. Thanks again in advance
Is the arp bolt longer than stock? (sorry I have never seen one before)

If it is longer than stock... then you will use it to get it off those last few mm's) and will use it to start the pulley....

If it is not longer... then a rubber mallet works wonders!
Old 08-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Original stock crank pulley bolt is a "torque to yield", same as the long head bolts and shouldn't be re-used. Follow the ARP instructions for all their replacement bolts.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wasnt going to reuse the stock bolt, just use it to help pull the pulley back on. Then use the new one to torque down. I got the pulley off by the way. Now I am just waiting for my H/C package to get here. Was supposed to be here today, but still have not recieved anything saying that it has even left yet. That will cuase almost a one month delay in completion cause I go TDY next week, for 2 weeks.