Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im a newbie but please help me out

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006 | 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Default im a newbie but please help me out

so i have planned some mods for my first (headers and true duals), but i also want a cam. first do i have to do a cam/head mod or can i do them at seperate times? if i do a cam/head do i have to upgrade my intake manifold? i understand that it would most likely be wise to do this but money is a factor here and i cant do them all at once. also for a med. to mild cam what is the best spec for one (im sorry for not searchign but it shows a million threads cus the keyword is in peoples mod lists). i am on a budget of about 2 grand so i am not sure where it will take me. i want a set up for the street becasue there arnt many strips around that i know of and i dont want my wife drivign a car made for the track.
Old 08-11-2006 | 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

i honestly dont see how ur gonna get away with a true dual setup headers back and a cam switch for 2k.....ummm, closest thing i could see is....pair of pacesetters, tsp true duals, ls6 cam (cheap/30hp) with ls6 yellow springs and harden pushrods and a good tune....a cheatr cam could also be in the question but itll cost a lil more....i honestly dont think you could get head work done other then those springs and rods....cnc can run about 300 bucks....
Old 08-11-2006 | 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

im sorry i didnt specify what the 2 grand is for. thats is soley for the cam/heads. i already have the $$$ for the headers and pipes. sorry abotu that
Old 08-11-2006 | 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

check the cam chart in the internal section....but a cheatr, with ported ls6 heads would give you a good boost