Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only 338 RWHP?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe i missed something maybe he has shorty headers and not long tubes? If so that would have somthing to do with it.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Studytime
He posted this because he's looking for his lost power and for help. Doomsday, even if this was the STOCK cam power numbers should be better than that.

Ben T.
I know, just the fact its open to suggestions and " " when someone post a comment.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Azrael
Uhhh... No Dynapak dynos usually read higher, YMMV. Unless they have been calibrated to be more conservative which is supposed to be close to a DynoJet.

Mustang Dynos usually are the most conservative...

Negative on that... DynaPacks read lower than mustang dyno's.. not by much.. but they do. My best friend/neighbor owns a dynaPack. I run the machine..most of the time, we were both trained on it, by Dynapack themselves (they fly out and train you for 2 days). We have done back to back testing with our dyno and a local mustang and a local DynoJet.

DynaPack is consistent every time, and read lower, mustang read a tad higher and was pretty consistant.. DynoJet was all over the place.. plus we can fudge those #'s pretty easily to get higher hp ratings. Cant fool a DynaPack since your hubs are directly connected to the machine itself and it uses fluid dynamics to measure torque then calculates HP.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Launching!

^
weRd......
Old 09-16-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

I made 330/347rwhp/tq in a 98 A4 Z28 with stock heads, 218/222 cam, shorties, lid, ported TB, LS1 intake, stock converter, pulley, ORY, and stock catback.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
Negative on that... DynaPacks read lower than mustang dyno's.. not by much.. but they do. My best friend/neighbor owns a dynaPack. I run the machine..most of the time, we were both trained on it, by Dynapack themselves (they fly out and train you for 2 days). We have done back to back testing with our dyno and a local mustang and a local DynoJet.

DynaPack is consistent every time, and read lower, mustang read a tad higher and was pretty consistant.. DynoJet was all over the place.. plus we can fudge those #'s pretty easily to get higher hp ratings. Cant fool a DynaPack since your hubs are directly connected to the machine itself and it uses fluid dynamics to measure torque then calculates HP.
If you want to remain delusional then I am not going to be able to convince you.

I wish it were true though, but its not. Sorry for the threadjacking!

I agree with the other posters though, that you need to get the car to the track. Dynos are only tuning tools, the real measurement is on a timeslip. If the car is running good i the 1320 then it is fine, take it somewhere else and get dynoed for peice of mind.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jpr210
Dynojet, engine is a 2001 z28ss motor. Short block is clean, no smoke, oil use or noises.

Jpr
i found your problem, you're not using an ls1.

do you have a graph? i agree that dynos are tuning tools, nothing more.

i'd guess my car to come up ~310 rwhp unlocked on a dynojet, but that means nothing as the car consistently runs 12.2s @ 108/9 dragging 3,500 lbs.

as long as the a/f is ok, take it to the track and see what you come up with before you get too worried.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

You still haven't stated whether you are M6 or A4.

Your numbers still seem low. I've seen stock 01 and 02's dyno not much less than you on Dynojets.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the LS6 cam is 204/214 550"/549" I made 360rwhp untuned throught stock heads and bolt ons on a dynojet in the hot sun on a trailer in the middle of a parking lot in June. Granted I Also had the 1.8 rockers which make my like 583"/579" That does seem low to me Althought the lift on that cam is pretty small
Old 09-16-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6

Then you were trained to calibrate the dynapack for the numbers to be on par with other chasis dynos. It's not physically possible for a car to dyno less power when you remove the tires, simple laws of physics. You're eliminating 50lbs + of rotating mass. I've had my car on a dynapack and a dynojet. considerable difference in power in favor of the dynapack. When configued properly, the dynapack will read preet close to that of a dyno jet. The more power you make, the more vast the differences between a roller dyno and a load dyno like the dynapack will be

bottom line is that a roller dyno reads at the wheels and a dynapack reads at the axels. A roller dyno will never read as high as a dynapack or other similar dynos.

If you dont beleive me, here's a website with the actual math to prove it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/...ting/id12.html

Last edited by jermzz; 09-16-2006 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Only 338 RWHP?