Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help

First of all, I have been a Ford man thru and thru, but I have always had a urge to build a bird so I am thinking about a 99 or so firebird, but i want it to have around 600 horse or so to the wheels. So with a 18% loss and around a 150 shot of nitrous, I should need around 550 to the wheels. My question is what is the most price effective way of achieving that goal? Im planning to forge the bottom end, but should I do a 402 stroker or keep it around stock? What would be the best heads for a project like that? Any suggestions an a good cam? From what I have been reading a 402 stroker with a good set of heads is good for 525rw, so that would be more than enough with the nitrous. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Another little question ive been wondering about, how much do the 99 firebirds weigh? Thanks, Robert
Old 09-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pedal2themedal
First of all, I have been a Ford man thru and thru, but I have always had a urge to build a bird so I am thinking about a 99 or so firebird, but i want it to have around 600 horse or so to the wheels. So with a 18% loss and around a 150 shot of nitrous, I should need around 550 to the wheels. My question is what is the most price effective way of achieving that goal? Im planning to forge the bottom end, but should I do a 402 stroker or keep it around stock? What would be the best heads for a project like that? Any suggestions an a good cam? From what I have been reading a 402 stroker with a good set of heads is good for 525rw, so that would be more than enough with the nitrous. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Another little question ive been wondering about, how much do the 99 firebirds weigh? Thanks, Robert
Here's my 02. Beginning with a LS1 motor, you could buy a cam, nice set of heads and an STS GT67 Journal Bearing Turbocharger (with associated parts) for right around $7500. That would put you at 600+rwhp, all motor. You also would gain up to 3mpg and you could even add a shot.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BeachZ
STS GT67 Journal Bearing Turbocharger (with associated parts) for right around $7500. That would put you at 600+rwhp, all motor.
How is a turbo considered "all motor"?