Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

labor cost on forged bottom end??

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yeah, I really appreciate you guys giving me an idea of what it costs to have these things done.
300 for rear and ds is a good price to pay to not have to do it myself.
Almost 2g's to take motor out/put in is a bit harsh, but fair. Factoring in the price of pistons,crank, rods, it would probably more efficient to ditch the stock block and get a new one. Don't know if I should go bigger cubes or stay stock, but that's for another thread.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
If you're not doing the work yourself, 10k is no where near enough for a F1 procharged car, even if you were, it's still not enough.
How so??
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=f1+procharger

under 6 grand with room to play.

A d1sc is fully installed by EPP for about 7400, including injectors and fuel pump.

10g's is a good budget to play with, I think
Old 09-30-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're not including anything other than the s/c and the shortblock. What about the broken rear end, broken trans, slipping clutch, fuel system, heads & cam? I can't imagine building a motor for FI w/ a bad *** blower, then slapping on stock heads and stock cam, or a cam that wasn't designed specifically for a s/c in it.
Maybe a D1, or P1, if you're gonna get the F1 you should be pushing quite a bit of boost.
I might be looking at this the wrong way though, maybe you want a bigger blower to grow into down the road. If that's the case I guess you could do it.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

I may just keep the shortblock, they're good up to 700hp Having a bigger blower right off the bat would keep me from replacing it later. I have the supporting mods, so I figure I just need the blower, bigger injectors, and a bigger fuel pump. I know the rearend and driveshaft would break if not replaced but it would still fall under 10k budget. I don't take my car to the strip so I'm hoping the t56 holds up at 600rwhp, but that and the stock bottom end is all i'm concerned about. Heads will come later.

Quick Reply: labor cost on forged bottom end??