Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARP Rod Bolts upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never see any posts of people suffering "consequences"... Even 2001+ rod bolt failures are somewhat rare. In fact Ive seen more stories where the small side of the rods fail when aftermarket rod bolts are used.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
I never see any posts of people suffering "consequences"... Even 2001+ rod bolt failures are somewhat rare. In fact Ive seen more stories where the small side of the rods fail when aftermarket rod bolts are used.
Fair enough but that's why I said for me personally. If my project goes as planned I might be up in the 6.5K+ range for extended periods of time and that is one thing I haven't been able to find and that's the amount of time in the upper RPM range that the factory stock bolts are able to take so that's why I'm looking into upgrading them for I don't want to know if I'm guessing incorrectly on if they can take it or not.

In those stories of the small side of the rods failing, which aftermarket rod bolts were they using? Not trying to say you are wrong or anything of that matter, just really wondering which ones!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know there was a post within the last week of a small rod end failure w/ ARP bolts.