Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katech's K. spec cam ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Not in Arizona Most 224 cams here in AZ put down 370-375ish rwhp. So probably real close to 400rwhp. Make sure Nic tunes it, hes the MAN.
Awesome info, thanks.

I called AZPS and I guess they are at SEMA LOL. No answer. Im sure they get a lot of people with similar situations with similar goals, so they will have some good recomendations for sure. Im really interested to see just how good stock LS6 heads are with a mild cam. Looking at it from the POV of wanting a bullet proof setup its either this, a 224/224 type cam or just a LG G5X3 package with really nice valve train goodies since its a DD. I know the G5X3 would be sufficient, but this guy does get on it and I want to help him make this thing as bullet-proof as possible. Thats why I like the mild lift and longer duration of this cam with some nice springs and rods. Not to mention a nice LG package is about 1400. Its worth it, but thats a lot of dough.

This is so damn fun for me. I've never played around with other peoples money like this. On top of this fun lil project my roomate and I are putting a turbo back exhaust on an Evo IX tonight. And getting paid for it

PS if anyone has this on a stock longblock I'd love to know if flycutting is neccesary. Thats a deal breaker on this one.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech
We usually run these in 408s or 427s. Going to have to check PtoV on a stock piston 346. It idles pretty smooth with a noticeable lope on larger engines.

How would this cam do as far as PTV clearance in AFRs 205s out of the box and also with PRC LS6 stage II heads ????

And Katech, or anyone else, Do you guys have video clips or even sound clips of this cam????
Old 11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N4cer
He's gonna hit 410rwhp without heads, with a MILD cam? Please update us on that one.
My 3400 lb raceweight car traps above 115 mph so it must be close to 400 rwhp. That's with unmodified LS6 heads and a smaller cam. These engines are amazing.

Quick Reply: Katech's K. spec cam ?