27.97%
PRC Stage 1
40.68%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

dart 205/Livernois /prc stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006 | 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

this miht be dumb question but who makes prc heads and what does prc mean?
Old 11-02-2006 | 08:43 PM
9 Second Club

I bought a set of darts (225) for my blower motor. They are box stock, so when it is complete I will let you know how well they performed. I think the darts have a thicker deck also for blown applications as well.?
Old 11-13-2006 | 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Zach@Texas-Speed
BTW, a dart 205 out of the box does not even compare to either PRC or Livernois stage 1 heads. The last out of the box 205 we put on the flowbench went 265 or something like that, it does not flow well whatsoever. Go pick up the new GM High Tech magazine and look at what they flowed the Dart at, a whopping 261 @ .600
And we all know its about flow numbers in the end, all you really need to go by is the numbers especially at 28"

Last edited by 02sierraz71_5.3; 11-13-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-13-2006 | 06:57 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by chris93266
I voted prc stage 1

who can complain about 442 though an auto.
THAT IS F 'IN GREAT
Old 11-14-2006 | 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1999 SS
this miht be dumb question but who makes prc heads and what does prc mean?
PRC Makes PRC heads and PRC stands for Precision Race Components
Old 11-30-2006 | 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

^ ditto

texas speed sells prc products
Old 11-30-2006 | 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Livernois:I'd probably go with The Livernois heads if I was going to be all motor all the time or run a small shot. I have seen a set of their heads in combination with a G5x2 and it worked very well.

TSP/PRC:I had a customer bring me a TSP cam kit to install in his Camaro last year. The cam was not the proper length. It was physically too short to be installed properly. When the customer contacted TSP they did rush him out a new cam ASAP and that one installed fine and worked pretty well. I have limited experience with their heads but the heads I have dealt with performed well and worked just fine.

Dart: Been in business a long time with good quality overall.Probably not the best performer out of the box. There is room to grow if you are planning a power adder in the future. Probably not your best bet if you're looking for MAX power right off the bat. They would work well with the cams listed but I think more power can be made with the other wo if you're wanting to just get them in the mail and bolt them on.

As for the flow tests on the heads: Flow numbers have their place but higher flow numbers do not always = more power. Higher flow numbers are always better with *everything being equal* but you have to factor in: intended use, port cross section, etc... to make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

To OP: As previouisly posted I too believe that you shouldn't listen to every Tom,Dick and Harry on the internet. I alsol believe that you shouldn't run right out and buy something that any old salesman is trying to sell you just because they work for a speed shop. He's more often than not looking out for himself and his paycheck first and foremost. Remember a few of the guys on this site that don't work for a shop and sell nothing have done some of the most amazing things with these engines.

My opinion? Let the products performance,quality and price and the company's customer service do the selling.

There is alot of information on this website alone.More than enough to help you make the power and run the numbers you should be expecting with the combination you are proposing.
Old 01-05-2007 | 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DogNutz
Thats funny?, My friend TRIED his darnedest to get them to do just that! To order the stage ones with a better set of springs and they simply told him it COULD NOT be done! I was there in the room while he was ordering! HMmmm. Sale lost! This was only 2 weeks ago and my buddy was actually talking to the guy his-self that ports the heads who then asked the "Boss" if he could do the stage one heads for my friend but swap the springs and just charge the extra for the added cost of the more expensive springs and was told what i stated above. "sorry we only sell them in packages so you would have to buy the stage 3 heads to get the good springs" Now whether or not this was an isolated individual incident,I cannot say. It still was a sale lost that day! There is never that communication problem at Texas Speed, i can say that for sure! Someone go ahead and call Livernois and see if you can purchase a set of STAGE 1 heads with a set of springs that are good to .650 lift without going with any bigger valves(STAGE 1). Im not saying you can't, just that my buddy couldnt 2 weeks ago. Oh yeah, he was offered a "free set" of super 7 locks for "having to buy" much more expensive heads to get the better springs! Must say though the porter his-self was a VERY nice guy! This was all on speakerphone so i actually heard the whole conversation.
Check with Rick at Livernois -I'm sure he will do what is necessary to satisfy each and every customer
Old 04-19-2007 | 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

I am getting a set of Dart 205cc heads tomorrow. I made 401HP without the heads. What HP do you think I can get after the heads? Everything else is staying the same.

Bill
Old 05-21-2007 | 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chris93266
I voted prc stage 1

who can complain about 442 though an auto after spending less than $1700 for heads and cam kit? tsp/prc cam and heads here... see sig for dyno details.
I wouldn't complain about the dyno numbers but I damn surewould complain about that trap..
Old 06-03-2007 | 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

The price of a good set of springs is about that. Unless you want some of the "gold" springs that have been hit and miss.