Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C results on TBSS.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H/C results on TBSS.

well, i bled all that air out of the coolant and put it on a dyno. without any tuning, it made the exact same #'s that it made from speed inc with just a cam. that was pretty upsetting. so we did some tuning, added some timing, leaned it out barely, and it made 370/379. that was also dissappointing, at first. i thought it would easily make over 400 w/ these heads. everybody at the shop was flabbergasted. well, i talked to tony mamo from AFR, we researched the minor details with the tuner, and pretty much came up with the notion that this is all the truck has, and thats all these heads should of made. tony said that my cam is such a baby cam, he wouldnt expect more than a 20ish hp/tq gain. tony is a stand up guy, by the way, and thanks for calling me back and all the help. i am really impressed with AFR's customer service! would not have even made this power with out tonys help

anyways, after comparing my baseline at this particular shop (fc customs) to the new dyno numbers, the gains looks pretty good. the baseline on their dyno jet was 288/299 (which is 10 less than speeds dyno), so if you do the math on the same dyno, i gained 82 hp and 80 tq from a baby cam, AFR heads, headers, magnaflow catback and a k&n intake (soon to be replaced by a vector). i dont know if thats good or bad. the curve looks pretty nice though....

anyways, driving it is a lot more fun now. yea the numbers really pissed me off and were quite upsetting, but once i take off my dyno queen mask and drive it, its easy to notice the smooth torque that just pulls and pulls. sounds damn good with the cutout open (which only gained a couple more power open, by the way). ALOT more fun to drive.

anyways, here are the graphs. baseline on the same dyno as the after with h/c. now i just need to figure out how to match my mods and make some real power (i.e. bigger cam and a stall) need some track times too!

Old 11-06-2006, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice gains, what cam?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ExceSSive
Nice gains, what cam?
214/220
.559/.564
111.5 LSA
-6 overlap
+2 advance (i think, either that or its +4)
Old 11-06-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

No shame in that at all! Now it's time to open the can of whoop *** on some SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee's!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryan02SS
No shame in that at all! Now it's time to open the can of whoop *** on some SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee's!
To quote Stiffler from American Wedding....

******* right doggie!