Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Callies crank vs. Eagle crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KHShapiro
1INSANEGTO, care to fill the rest of us that arent psychic's that cant read minds. What crank you are refering to?

Translated into 1INSANEGTO slang: care t' fill de rest of us dat aren't psychic's dat cant read minds. What crank you are refehrigg to, duh...uh...?
Eagle crank
Old 11-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather pack a balsa crank in my car than some crap from China
Old 11-05-2007, 08:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Eagle Ford Windsor cranks I have seen come out sometimes pretty bad and we turned them .001 and use some 663H1s or ran the coated bearings also. So far the LS1s are always pretty good.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Speedpup
I would rather pack a balsa crank in my car than some crap from China
Unfortunately about half the cranks people think are made here are still made in China now and only finish machined here. It's the new way here in the USA as there is no protecton whatsoever for true american goods. I would run all american stuff in every engine if I could but no one will pay for that anymore.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by racer7088
Unfortunately about half the cranks people think are made here are still made in China now and only finish machined here. It's the new way here in the USA as there is no protecton whatsoever for true american goods. I would run all american stuff in every engine if I could but no one will pay for that anymore.
don't speak for me,

People here won't be able to pay for anything even food if they keep buying all crap from CHINA
Old 11-06-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

just like everything else that has been coming from China, its crap.
next thing you know we are going to find out the cranks are have been infused with some sort of radioactive material and anyone that has handled one is going to get sick.( hope some people get my point with that) China would do what its also done and say"we don't know how it got there" like the pet food recall that was posioned ( which was make at a plant that produces food for hospitals that is ment for the US) or this latest batch of childrens toys which has a **** ton of lead in the paint.....
point is Try to buy as much American made product as you can. I have used callias for years, and even though compstar is owned by them and I am sure they do a fine job inspecting there finished product, i'll never own one. its wishful thinking on my part to hope others follow suit but maybe some people will begin to look past price and do what right and buy American.
Make sure its not only an American product but also made in America. it might cost more but in cases like this, the proof is in the product. my Rant is over.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by racer7088
Old thread still relevant

Yeah and American Crank/connecting rod Manufactures need to realize

The I phone is a new invention "Not A Crank For a Chevy motor"

US Manufacture's keep their over head too high for this "New Economy"

The day I have to build a motor for my Chevy using WalMart Parts from China is the day I'm through with it all !

Suppliers using Castings or other parts from china are giving the Chinese a Toe in the door, Next a Foot, Then one day all our car parts will be shipped directly from China,

That's the Day I'm entirely Done with the whole performance game

Last edited by vette0009; 02-20-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

We now live in a global economy, its hard to tell what comes and goes from where. If you still want to buy American, buy any Callies branded product. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, with Callies quality standards, buy Compstar. We have the 2 brands to keep everyone happy. THE ECONOMY has forced manufactures to source cheaper labor outside the US. Performance manufactures, do not control, the price of steel, they do not control, the cost of electric, and they do not control the value of a dollar. If over-head was a easy to control as you seem to think it is...there would be no need to search for cheaper materials and labor.

I am not trying to start a ruckus, simply stating, if you want to buy American, we are still here, and we make AMERICAN car parts for the American working man, because that's who we are, and that's who we care about!

Last edited by Callies Performance; 02-21-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Launching!

I'm sure your a great guy partner

No disrespect intended to you But,

1.The prices are not low for a crank made in china
2.Even if they were I still would'nt buy it
3.People have a way of rationalizing situations in their mind till they make it Okay
4.Manufacturing in the U.S.A is what has made America Great, It sparks ingenuity amongst the American people, To throw that away to China "Is Fools Gold"
5. Political Tides change quick, I refuse to fund a Chinese military that my kids will have to deal with down the road
6.The global economy as you call it, Is all one sided, The US is more than 14 trillion in debt and shows a Hefty 1.5trillion dollar trade deficit , If that does'nt speak volumes then were Done ! The chinese hate americans anyway so why would I send my money to them,

7. The reason I drive a Corvette is because it's made in the USA (Really)

I will spend more money on parts to keep my car ****Made IN The USA****

I buy very little from china, And what I do buy I pay next to nothing for it, Because thats what it is worth to me, Nothing

And people like me will make America, Strong, Rich ,and powerful for our kids
Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

i now save up a little longer so i can buy all Manufactured in the U.S.A parts
Old 02-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Teching In

I was at a buddies house this weekend and he broke his Eagle crank in half! You get what you pay for! sometimes its good but sometimes it could be bad!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Can never go wrong with a Callies Crank
Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vette0009

3.People have a way of rationalizing situations in their mind till they make it Okay
4.Manufacturing in the U.S.A is what has made America Great, It sparks ingenuity amongst the American people, To throw that away to China "Is Fools Gold"
5. Political Tides change quick, I refuse to fund a Chinese military that my kids will have to deal with down the road
6.The global economy as you call it, Is all one sided, The US is more than 14 trillion in debt and shows a Hefty 1.5trillion dollar trade deficit , If that does'nt speak volumes then were Done ! The chinese hate americans anyway so why would I send my money to them,

I buy very little from china, And what I do buy I pay next to nothing for it, Because thats what it is worth to me, Nothing

You think all of your corvette parts are made in the USA???

You're an idiot and obviously have no experience in the manufacturing world.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chrome355z
You think all of your corvette parts are made in the USA???

You're an idiot and obviously have no experience in the manufacturing world.
Dude I owned a Manufacturing Facility ,

Yeah I know its not all made in the USA,

My car is 85% I punched in my vin # at Chevy

I bet you've never owned a Manufacturing plant tho lol

Which means your just full'oshitt like the Environmentalist

Last edited by vette0009; 02-23-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

this is just getting to political and is no longer relevant to the original question.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vette0009

China
Old 02-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Callies Performance
this is just getting to political and is no longer relevant to the original question.
relevant to the jobs in the USA
Old 02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Speedpup
relevant to the jobs in the USA
Well, we keep over 75 American's working.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Callies Performance
We now live in a global economy, its hard to tell what comes and goes from where. If you still want to buy American, buy any Callies branded product. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, with Callies quality standards, buy Compstar. We have the 2 brands to keep everyone happy. THE ECONOMY has forced manufactures to source cheaper labor outside the US. Performance manufactures, do not control, the price of steel, they do not control, the cost of electric, and they do not control the value of a dollar. If over-head was a easy to control as you seem to think it is...there would be no need to search for cheaper materials and labor.

I am not trying to start a ruckus, simply stating, if you want to buy American, we are still here, and we make AMERICAN car parts for the American working man, because that's who we are, and that's who we care about!
Wait what? I thought Compstar was a Callies product...? I'm lost
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Wait what? I thought Compstar was a Callies product...? I'm lost
COMPSTAR is a brand under callies.

Quick Reply: Callies crank vs. Eagle crank