n/a 500rwhp
66.87%
Voters: 661. You may not vote on this poll

Forced Induction 500RWHP VS N/A 500RWHP part2

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

500rwhp n/a will trounce 500 rwhp boosted..

hp per hp you cant beat n/a power! period!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6

I agree, but then 500rwhp 427cid > 500rwhp 346cid n/a. Power under the curve. It can go on and on.... As for FI, who wants only 500rwhp?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6

Nitrous will beat n/a or FI when all is equal.Its strange how that comparison never comes up on a thread.I guess everyone already knows the answer...nitrous hands down...big torque instantly.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a 500 rwhp boosted motor is not even working so I don't see a 500 rwhp na motor being a threat. I just have to press one button and wala another 200 rwhp on pump and only 348 ci.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:33 AM
Banned

Obviously, there should be no question as to which one will win in the quarter. Sub 4.00 sec. quarter mile dragsters rely on forced induction. For all out speed and acceleration, FI simply cannot be beat with supporting modification, but those cars are designed to simply do that, a 4 second blast, and then torn apart and be rebuilt.

500 HP vs. 500 HP no matter which setup you go with is easily a matter of taste, BUDGET most importantly I believe, and your own personal goals and what your intent for the vehicle is second.

People chock up that line of B.S. of "There's no replacement for displacement" Well, there is, and it's called boost. Eventually, you run out of options with N/A power. Heads, intakes, pistons, material strength, boring, stroking, porting and polishing, cam and valve lift. Eventually you just cannot create a greater amount of power with the amount of space you are allowed, big cubes then become the only option and even that has it's limitations, for most people, it's financial, and a lack of knowledge and tools to do things yourself. Whether it's dealing with the internal limitations of the engine or inside the vehicle itself N/A can only take you so far. Corvettes and F-Bod's are limited on space inside the engine bay. Could someone build a 1200CI LS1? Yeah, sure, but would it fit in your Camaro? It gets to a point where it's impractical and expensive and eventually, boost is the solution. There is no other way to make more power that easy and once you have it, it's almost like having a variable displacement engine. How much boost is the most important factor there. Are you getting 500hp by running 4 lbs. or 10?

Whethere it's turbo'd single or twin, supercharged, roots, screw, centrifugal. Those in themselves are all different as well and has been debated to death in the FI section. Levels of maintenance and reliability are are different with all.

There really is no answer to this question. There are risks to all. Overfeeding your engine compressed air mechanically, chemically, or spinning and working your engine and valvetrain to the breaking point, you're taking a risk that will take it's toll on any engine.

There are other things to take into account that others haven't mentioned too. What about what is legal and what is not? What about where you live and where you drive. I live in high altitude so FI is great for me. What if you're one of those people that are "going green". What about noise and environmental violations that you're going to make with your 500HP DD 346 LS1. 500 HP with a 346 is really pushing the LS1 if you're talking RWHP. Staying within paramaters becomes more difficult. And what about gas costs? Gas was just over 4 bucks a gallon and even more in other areas. Feeding that donkey dicked cam can get expensive.

I think the ZR1 is just the tip of the iceberg for a massive FI GM push. And look how that car performs! It is big cubes also, but I think that's the best way to go. I think in the future from GM we're going to see alot more FI. There's also talk about the turbo 6 being resurrected and the supercharged 4's are already out there. FI is clean, modern, and I think it's the next mainstream thing. Just look how much FI has grown on the forums and in the sponsors of the past few years. Read recent GMHTP's and looks at all the FI options. Those weren't always available. The forced induction section has grown quite a bit, and it seems internal engine and nitrous are shrinking.

Now, I'm starting to sound biased but I think these are important things for others to consider. With an FI car, you can reasonably drive it under 2k all around town and not even get into the boost. It's variable power on demand. Has been proven reliable in the fastest setups is growing and is getting widely supported.

I do love the sound and power of a hard loping V8 though

Last edited by joblo1978; 12-15-2008 at 02:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction 500RWHP VS N/A 500RWHP part2