Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP 200CC heads/Fast 90/90 question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Someone earlier said epoxy was a thing of the past, thats not so. Several serious engine builders still use epoxy to alter/repair ports ect. I would get with Fast before I used epoxy on there intake though. The epoxy has shown reliable on metalic sufaces but what about the plastic material. I would be concerned with it eventally sepperating from different expansion characteristics and being sucked into the backside of the valve or even into the cylendar.
In case you missed it, Casey from S.A.M. recommended a specific epoxy for the original poster. I think he's speaking from experience.
Originally Posted by caseys103
There are several way you could go about that project. I know several people on this thread were opposed to the use of epoxy.But, I have successfully used Z-Spar 788 Splash Zone (green death) epoxy for years. If it were me that is what I would do.

Casey Snyder
Cylinder Head Instructor
School of Automotive Machinists
Old 12-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anything the epoxy will probably work better on the plastic because it doesnt hold heat like the aluiminum does. Just a little speed tip for you guys: The Fast two piece manifold is prone to internal leaks, which, costs some power. I recommend sealing the seams with RTV silicone. I have seen over 15 horse gains.

Casey Snyder
Old 12-19-2006, 05:46 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by caseys103
If anything the epoxy will probably work better on the plastic because it doesnt hold heat like the aluiminum does. Just a little speed tip for you guys: The Fast two piece manifold is prone to internal leaks, which, costs some power. I recommend sealing the seams with RTV silicone. I have seen over 15 horse gains.

Casey Snyder
thanks for the tip
Old 03-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Banned

hate to beat a dead horse but any more info on this?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:32 PM

up top