Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need info on assembling LS1

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question need info on assembling LS1

i need some info on assembling complete LS1 short block. I didnt take the lower end apart so i have no idea how to put it back together with all the torque specs... any info or diagrams would be greatly appreciated, or any weblinks to that info also... all i got is a bag of bolts and what not...

Thanks in advance
Lino
Old 12-08-2006, 08:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by slowassta
i need some info on assembling complete LS1 short block. I didnt take the lower end apart so i have no idea how to put it back together with all the torque specs... any info or diagrams would be greatly appreciated, or any weblinks to that info also... all i got is a bag of bolts and what not...

Thanks in advance
Lino
If I where you I would order a OEM manual to start learning about this . There are also quite a few books you can buy!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

thanks... is there no sites on line with some info on the bottom end... i know i got all the info i needed for the LT1 online
Old 12-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Teching In

how much of it did u take apart just the in take or the heads to
Old 12-08-2006, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by peterbuiltss
how much of it did u take apart just the in take or the heads to
ive done H/C on these motors 3 times, but never did anything with the shortblock... i took the heads off, and sent it to the machine shop to get honed and cleaned up for the forged internals, but i didnt have a pulley puller to take the balancer off so i sent the whole short block, and they took it apart... so now my rotating assembly is at another shop getting balanced, and this coming week im gonna attempt assemble it on my own.. but have no idea any of the torque specs for any of the bolts other than the ARP rod bolts ...
Old 12-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Buy a Haynes manual, GM Service Manual or have John and Raven come over to help.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

All the main cap bolts are torque to yield except for the outside ones I believe so you will need to buy new ones (I posted the part numbers for the bolts in one of the above stickies). If you wanna go with arp main studs you will have to get the main caps align honed. The caps are a snug fit so you will sort of have to force them down in there. As for the torque specs and sequences I don't have them handy but as mentioned before there are books available I ended up buying one as I couldn't find everything I was looking for online.

Edit: The part numbers for the main cap bolts are 12560272 and 12560373.

Quick Reply: need info on assembling LS1