Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cam install done - seem normal?

Ok what I put in last night:
TSP 233/239 .595"/.603" 112LSA cam
TSP Ported LS6 Oil Pump
LS2 Timing Chain
Comp 918 Springs
MSD 8.5mm plug wires

Ok well everything seemed fine, took it on a test drive keeping it under 3k rpm, no leaks last night or anything, let the springs cool over night. Did one more heat cycle this morning letting them heat up and cool off and now i've been driving it around.

1). Well it idles like ****... like it dies if I put the clutch in and roll to a stop light so i've been holding the brakes and the accelerator at the same time to keep it idling manually.

2). Somewhat concerned about oil pressure. Ok well right now it idles at like 500-750rpm if i'm just sitting there, it will idle. It's when i'm driving around that it won't idle itself. Well at idle sitting there the oil pressure gauge sits at about 35, if i bump it up with my foot and hold it to about 1000rpm it sits right at 45-50. Does that sound about normal? I don't remember it being so low before.

3). I have an antifreeze leak/burning antifreeze somewhere at the front of the engine, anyone have this problem? It only has done it once so far, I started it back up after noticing it and revved it and couldnt get it to leak again. Probably a loose hose or something??? It's all on the belts and a little bit on the bottom of the connection to the TB.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stalling is normal...Thats a pretty healthy cam. A tune will solve that.

Oil pressure sounds normal...Typically some ported pumps usually have slightly lower pressure @ idle.When you raise your idle speed it should slightly increase your pressure.

Coolant smell could be from a puddle of coolant that was trapped in a crevice of your motor and worked itself out.Keep an eye on your coolant level and keep checking for leaks.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all sounds ok to me...just keep en eye, if it continues then you check it out..
Erik