Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems since my battery relocation

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems since my battery relocation

Well about 4 or 5 months ago I relocated my battery to the back and put a switch in my light on my car. Well the first time my battery went dead and caused my alternator to go out. The second time happened today, I was in a restraunt eating while we were having a club meeting and some dumb@ss came out and shut my battery off while we were inside and when I got out and put my switch handle back on and turned the battery on and started the car my alternator wouldn't charge. So i checked the voltage it was putting out and it was only putting out 3 volt and the check gauge light was on. I went to autozone bought a 1000 cranking amp battery and put on my car and still no charge on the battery from the alt except 3 volts. So at this time I was pissed heading back to my house so I hammered down on my car and the check gauge light went out but when i would go back to idle for a few mins it would come back on and only show the battery was charging 9 volts on my volt gauge. Well I am wondering if anybody has had any trouble since they have relocated there battery?
Bryan
Old 01-12-2002, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Problems since my battery relocation

It would be helpful if you'd describe just how you wired it up. The impression you give is that everything was okay until someone turned the switch off. During the five months when everything was okay, was the switch ever turned off? I relocated mine with a switch in the console and haven't had a problem.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Problems since my battery relocation

Moved mine many months ago with no issues. Have used the external switch numerous times. Never had any problems. Sounds like a ground somewhere (maybe a nicked wire).