Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

veteran that needs help with new setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006 | 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dazman
what type of power would i be sacrificing if i went with a stage one head and just left the pistons alone, because i really really didnt know anything about fly cutting and i live on the other side of hell from any race shops around here that would let me borrow their cutter.

Fly cutting is a PITA. I did it last year. It takes a lot of time. The cutter heads are 100 bucks each. You will need two. For int/ext valve sizes. And the pilot shaft is 35 bucks. You can get these from Isky Racing Cam. You will also need a bare head with no valve seats in it. Some companies will loan you a bare head as long as you pay shipping for it.

You will need all other mods to take advantage of this cam. I would consider what predator is saying. You may want to take another look at some of the other cams. Bigger is not always better is some cases.
Old 12-14-2006 | 09:38 PM
Launching!

car is strong as hell. there is minimal damage if any for having so many miles on it... (148,000). hell my camry has 315,000, changed oil every 10,000 miles (dino oil), and that goat grunts all day long. mileage dont mean ****, unless you are a woman that never changes the oil.

how much are these moral lifters that everyone talks about, i hope they arent the 500$ ones that are on some of the websites, if so then HA, here comes the stockers.

how hard is it to put the rod bolts in on a 97 vette??

thanx

mike
Old 12-14-2006 | 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Buy some of these https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/580686-new-upgraded-hydraulic-roller-lifters-sdpc.html
Old 12-15-2006 | 12:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dazman
car is strong as hell. there is minimal damage if any for having so many miles on it... (148,000). hell my camry has 315,000, changed oil every 10,000 miles (dino oil), and that goat grunts all day long. mileage dont mean ****, unless you are a woman that never changes the oil.

how much are these moral lifters that everyone talks about, i hope they arent the 500$ ones that are on some of the websites, if so then HA, here comes the stockers.

how hard is it to put the rod bolts in on a 97 vette??

thanx

mike
Well you seem to know what you're doing, good luck with the built.
Old 12-15-2006 | 08:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cws T/A

thanx, is this just the stock lifter? does no one know anyhting about the ls7 lifter. i heard some guys talking about them and wonder if they would be suitable.

mike
Old 12-15-2006 | 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

appearantly you didnt read it? no, its not just the stock lifter. its a race lifter designed by GM for there high rpm endurance racing caddies. it is a direct replacement, will handle extended high rpms (if the rest of your engine can handle it), and even uses the same preload specs. sounds like the best lifter for the price if you ask me.