Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoTap Torque Reading

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AutoTap Torque Reading

The torque reading that AutoTap gives, where is that data being collected from? The reason I am asking is that as soon as the reading hits 350 ft-lb my timing advance goes from being in the 25 range to being negative 10. Which needless to say has a major effect on the performance of the car.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:20 PM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: AutoTap Torque Reading

i think its a collection of parameters that go into that number. The reason you see that drop is something called Torque Management. All a4's have it. some dont like it, i dont mind it because it kinda saves my tranny. The purpose is just that, to drop power so the trans only see's a little on the actual shift. it goes right back after the shift. You can do a search for TM or talk to Trevor D, hes a mod in appearance. He has an 02 and had Ed Wright remove the TM along with link his line pressure with TPS. but thats another story.

Ryan
Old 01-16-2002, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AutoTap Torque Reading

If it is trying to control torque to below 350 ft-lbs can that parameter be changed with tuning to say 400 ft-lbs and still keep torque management intact to save the tranny. Can anyone do this at this time and will this be a change that LS1 edit can do once it's available for 2002's?