Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many have de-modded or considering?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really thinking a mild 383 for a Street car.
What I will do within two months is LS3 427 or LS7 441 cid longblock ( cannot decide until now ) with a custom cam that feature street manners and power everywhere in my curve.
Big cubes, a mild cam, a reasonable exhaust system and a good tune equals a very responsive ride with excellent manners that will just shock the out of folks running around with rides that sound like a Pro-Mod (read: cammed to death with a torque curve about two nanoseconds wide), but bite like a Geo Metro at anything below 5k rpm.

Another good thing.....you'll be able to afford to drive it because it will be a much more efficient ride.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have really enjoyed this thread because it bring me back on a couple of levels;

First, I remember just a few years ago when even mentioning anything smaller than a 228 232 was considered a waste of time....leaving horsepower on the table....and worse.

Working with Tony Mamo we put together a mild 220 224 package with the AFR 205s milled slightly and cometic .040 for good compression, and nice quench. Thie setup replaced my F13 and I couldn't be happier.

For exhaust I originally had the GMMG with my headers and catted y but the noise made the car no fun to drive. I tried bullet mufflers, chambered mufflers, the Borla X15 and finally just installed the SLP dual/Dual.....and couldn't be happier.

For the supension, the Hotchkis lowering springs were down about 2" after a few years and every bump in the road was an adventure. I finally went with the SLP eibach/bilstein package and although it sits just a little high.....I couldn't be happier. The ride is smooth, takes the bumps and dips in the road with ease and just plainn fun to drive.

In the end, a good balance of performance and drivability was the key for me and for the last two years I just keep it clean, drive it, and enjoy it!

Quick Reply: How many have de-modded or considering?