Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ms4, Stage II heads, new bottom end help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ms4, Stage II heads, new bottom end help!

car-97 vette

hey, i want the ms4 with prc stage 2.5 heads with ls6 intake, headers, new clutch, pully, oil pump, etc....

well sense im doing the heads cam headers and clutch, how much harder would it be to just pull the short block out and freshen up my 148,000 mile motor, i would have to flycut the pistons with this package so i would just buy new pistons for double the price. how involved would it be to get new pistons, rings, bearings and just do everything now that the car is out of commision. the guy that is helping me do it ( we are doing it at his house ) just graduated from nascar techincal institute here in mooresville n.c. is there anything special detail that would have to be done to this ls1 short block???

mike
Old 12-21-2006, 01:42 AM
12 Second Club

A friend and I just did his Ls1 on his 2000 SS. We did Pistons, rings, bearings and seals as well as rods, heads and cam timing chain and connecting rods. Its totally doable. I recommend going to Autozone and buying the $20 dollar book about how to build performance ls1/ls6 engines. It was a life saver. Just take you time. We pulled his engine from his car in a matter of less than 5 hours. We just go it back in tonite and I will be installing his t56 tomorrow.

Josh
Old 12-21-2006, 03:20 AM
On The Tree

Should have bolted the tranny up to the motor outside the car, and dropped it in as one piece, is a lifesaver!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by connexion2005
A friend and I just did his Ls1 on his 2000 SS. We did Pistons, rings, bearings and seals as well as rods, heads and cam timing chain and connecting rods. Its totally doable. I recommend going to Autozone and buying the $20 dollar book about how to build performance ls1/ls6 engines. It was a life saver. Just take you time. We pulled his engine from his car in a matter of less than 5 hours. We just go it back in tonite and I will be installing his t56 tomorrow.

Josh
what did you do about honing the mains or magnafluxing the block, is there any preparation that needs to be done before you can just throw the new parts in? and what pistons rods did you use???

thanx

mike