Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LS1 hydraulic roller cam question...I need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP LS1 hydraulic roller cam question...I need advice

Hey everyone, I'm looking to do a cam swap in my car. I want more power, but want my car to run a smooth as it does stock. I've heard some cams surge at low RPM's. Does any one have, or know of the performance of the SLP cam package (part #: 51011A). This package comes with valve springs, retainers, and vale keepers. If any one knows of another set up that will yield a mild manners on the street, I would appriciate it!!! BTW, I will be doing a LS6 intake at the same time. Please reply with any knowledge you may have!!! Thanks in advance.

Dan
Old 01-29-2002, 09:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: SLP LS1 hydraulic roller cam question...I need advice

I don't know really anything about the SLP cams because I don't know anyone that's running one of their cams. If you're looking for a mild-mannered cam that will still net some nice power, I'd recommend giving Thunder Racing a call. They have a 216/220 cam that's netted over 400 RWHP with a set of CNC heads! It's a VERY streetable cam, and I THINK the lift is right around .525"/.532". With that lift, you won't have to worry with spring breakages at all.
www.thunderracing.com
Old 01-29-2002, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks Trevor!!! I'll give them a call.
Old 01-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Launching!

[quote]Originally posted by Y2YDT:
<strong>Hey everyone, I'm looking to do a cam swap in my car. I want more power, but want my car to run a smooth as it does stock. I've heard some cams surge at low RPM's. Does any one have, or know of the performance of the SLP cam package (part #: 51011A). This package comes with valve springs, retainers, and vale keepers. If any one knows of another set up that will yield a mild manners on the street, I would appriciate it!!! BTW, I will be doing a LS6 intake at the same time. Please reply with any knowledge you may have!!! Thanks in advance.

Dan</strong><hr></blockquote>

as long as you drill the TB blade hole to 3/16" the SLP cam will idle as smooth as a stock motor. This goes for most cams in the vicinity you are talking about -
Old 01-29-2002, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks horsepower!!!