Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Intake - Port Matching Question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Intake - Port Matching Question...

I'm in a dilemma. I'm getting Stage 2 Heads and the G5 cam in a week or two, but I will be running the stock LS1 intake manifold. Here's my question: How much gain(hp/tq) over the LS6 intake will port matching the Holley intake give me? Any speculations? The problem is since the Holley isn't out, I can't decide whether to do the LS6 composite intake NOW, or wait and do the Holley intake and have it port matched later. Any input?
Old 01-29-2002, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Holley Intake - Port Matching Question...

[quote]Originally posted by SAINT WS6:
<strong>I'm in a dilemma. I'm getting Stage 2 Heads and the G5 cam in a week or two, but I will be running the stock LS1 intake manifold. Here's my question: How much gain(hp/tq) over the LS6 intake will port matching the Holley intake give me? Any speculations? The problem is since the Holley isn't out, I can't decide whether to do the LS6 composite intake NOW, or wait and do the Holley intake and have it port matched later. Any input?</strong><hr></blockquote>I would wait for the holley to come out and get it port matched.I am not sure how much you will gain but if everything matches then I am postive it will be a nice gain.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Holley Intake - Port Matching Question...

Dont count the et's with the Holley intake before they hatch. Its going to be aluminum so on the street, its going to be hot, alot hotter than the ls6. Gm put alot of R&D into the ls6 and its just about perfect for anything under 385 inches and 7k rpm. The holley when port matched, extrude honed and port equalized should definately make more power at the strip(especially iced down) but the ls6 is pretty damn good itself.I want to see the Holley out there turning some #'s before I give it a shot.