Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good idea?...Suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good idea?...Suggestions please

Okay, I've beat myself up over this trying to figure out the right cam for me. Not to mention my numerous questions plaguing this board. I think I have basically decided against the hotcam. I've heard to many horror stories with the hotcam and the A4. I really don't need the hassle with the idle and all of that right now. Someone suggested this to me and it seems kinda logical. What If I had a custom cam grind, using the same specs as the hotcam, but change the LSA to 114, instead of 112? Is this a good idea? bad? Is there another cam I should go with? I was looking at the LS1 Xtreme at IRS, the first one listed (I think it was like 212/218 114 LSA) That seems pretty mild, I don't wanna spend all this money and only get like 10hp out of it. I was also eye balling the B1 at MTI, but I don't know how aggresive or what kind of drivability it has. Anyone know or have one in an A4. I also don't need one thats going to cause my tranny to explode 10 miles down the road. (although I realize anythings possible.) I do plan to tune the PCM no matter what cam I get, just so I can get all that it offers. Any suggestions would be good. By the way, where can you get a custom grind at? Any one have an A4 with a custom grind? whats the specs and how do you like it? thanks!
Old 01-31-2002, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is this a good idea?...Suggestions please

arlington motor sports does in house grinds and computer mods www.arlingtonmotorsports.com