Old 01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used my same gaskets after 2 cam swaps and no leaks
Old 01-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CASHss99
i just got recieved my g5x3 cam 2day and will start ripping the beast apart on the weekend....get a sound clip for it...
You're going to love it, I know I do. The cam along with LT's and True duals is LOUD! I recorded the first 2 starts and first drive, but just haven't had time to upload them to the pc. You will need a tune asap though.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6.Jay
Haha, we dropped that pickup tube bolt in the pan like 5 times before we tried fishing line. Luckily it just sat there on the flat part of the pan everytime instead of rolling back though.
I dropped it once and even though I had it tied, my heart almost stopped
Old 01-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1 Trans am
If all else I can try like this and then If It leaks or I get those gaskets in I can put in those gaskets.. Atleast I wouldn't have to remove the radiator..
My gaskets looked fine also, but since I already had the kit I just installed new ones. If they leak its not too hard to change them, at least it doesn't seem hard since I did the cam install. You should probly buy a new front seal (and o-ring if removing oil pump) Dealer should have them. Oh and new Crank bolt is a must.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Teching In

I know on ls1howto it was wrote-up saying that the springs were the 2nd hardest part of the install.. But in my opinion the cam was a breeze, Now the springs were another story... The 2 on the back of the passenger side were a BIA%^*$ But I did get it done, just took the two hoses off the heater core.. Overall I say that the cam install was a breeze, but springs were a trick.. Now at the same time I did the cam swap I also had the tranny built up with racing parts and a stall installed. Did all this over the weekend and it's a mean bastard. Wonder how far in the 11's I'll be? Have Pacesetter headers and the cam and stall.

Last edited by LS1 Trans am; 01-15-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by badaz28
You're going to love it, I know I do. The cam along with LT's and True duals is LOUD! I recorded the first 2 starts and first drive, but just haven't had time to upload them to the pc. You will need a tune asap though.
i wonder how it will sound with magnaflow and LTs.... i kalled LG they said 7.400 push rods will be fine so....ley me hear a klip please PM me or post it up... what kind of true duels you have?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CASHss99
i wonder how it will sound with magnaflow and LTs.... i kalled LG they said 7.400 push rods will be fine so....ley me hear a klip please PM me or post it up... what kind of true duels you have?
Here you go, vid sucks but here is a quick short vid of the first start and under the car. I will try to record a better vid this weekend, that shows Revs and idle. It is louder in person and sounds better, but this gives you an idea.
Oh and I have true duals dumped at axle w/ bullet mufflers. Magnaflows sound ALOT better from what I've read.
Click here to watch First-Start-after-Cam---Quick-edit
Old 01-17-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

damn sounds insane....when you say magnaflows you mean the duals or the cat back i have the cat back
Old 01-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Yea I mean with Duals, but the magnaflow catbacks sound really good too, I'm sure you will be happy. It will not be as loud, but still sound very good I'm sure.