Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To port or not to port??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default To port or not to port??????

I am trying to decide if I should port my MAF and my TB. I need some advice on if I would benefit from porting with my current mods. My future plans include FTRA and LT headers. The main reason I am considering this is because I have access to a machine shop that could do quality work for FREE! Also, could anyone tell me the exact internal dimensions for both? I know the aftermarket MAF can go up to 85mm, that is the ID isn't it? What about the TB? I don't remember seeing any dimensions on those lately. Any opinions welcomed.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 02-19-2002, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: To port or not to port??????

In regards to you porting your maf, the main advantage you get is the increased timing and the car running a little more lean. Keep in mind you dont want either of these while spraying a dry kit. If you end up porting your maf I would recomend getting a MAFT.

Porting your TB will be worth around 5~8 rwhp for your application.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Port the T-body and just descreen the MAF.
Cheers,
Chris
Old 02-19-2002, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought I would get a MAFT after I autotapped to make sure I would need one. I would just like to run better on the motor without sacrificing the ability to use the bottle. I have heard of people gaining 5-7RWHP with a ported TB and I have heard of the 98-98 cars responding well from ported MAF ends. I was thinking that if I ported the two (since it would be free,) and added the MAFT I would be OK. I just do not know if doing this and adding headers and FTRA will work well together. Will the MAFT be able to get my fuel where it needs to be?