Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AD Performance Stroker-kits? Anybdy heard of 'em?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AD Performance Stroker-kits? Anybdy heard of 'em?

Just a quick question, as I am decently new to this, plse give me some leeway.. .. but has anyone ever heard of " AD Performance" ? (just google them, it should pull-up), I found some ReaLly cheap stroker components on there website and was just curious as to their background, and If there "kits" for the ls1 are for actually the entire package that I'm going to need to buy to stroke my WS6 (meaning that it's all there and I don't have to buy any more sh-t)---all forms of help is appreciated... thnx again

B
Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Teching In

I'm in the process of looking also. It seems to me that they sell the same stuff as everybody else.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Yeah, that's what it seems, but as we all know, appearances can be decieving...and that's something that I'm not really willing to risk it or anything like it when it comes to my car, ya know?...but, these are the best prices i've found, matter of fact, their the only one's that even is ClosE to this type of pricerange... which is why I was curious if someone on here that KNOWS what all i'll probably end up needing or has backgrnd with this (and iv'e read alot-so i know their is quite a few here), to see if it sounds gravy or not... anybody?---
Old 01-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Teching In

04A4GTO oh yeah, have you found any other deals boss?- I shared one of the best i could find,...and i've put in a good bit of time, but i just don't know whether or not it's possible to get much lower w/out going for piecing it together from used parts/garage sales...lol...
Old 01-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Teching In

AD perf is a real good place to deal with, but they are much more known on the Ford side of the tracks. Ask a question about AD Performance on the Ford type forums and see what you get for replies.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

They have a great reputation on all the ford boards. Lots of people rave about their shortblocks and kits. Don't see any reason why the good customer service and engine building practices wouldn't be the same for gm stuff.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They only have one kit for LS1's listed on their site, and that's a Eagle kit. The price seems to be about average at $2k.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
They only have one kit for LS1's listed on their site, and that's a Eagle kit. The price seems to be about average at $2k.
Yeah I noticed the cheap ones weren't for the LS1's.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Collections Hold

Default AD Perf

Brian at AD is a real stand up guy, We used to deal with him in the Ford stuff. He was always a straight shooter and good to do business with.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Bruce,

You can post a link to the kit or contact me and I can break down any questions if you need clarification. I don't want to upset any mod's here so if it's direct please take it off board.

Thank you to everyone else.

Brian
Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned - Ed Curtis aka EDC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ADP
Old 01-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Default sorry fella's, I know it's my thread,I have strpthroat and my tonsls are bleedng-joy!

Thank you all very much for the help, and I appreciate the points of view/ insight... as I am still very new to anything of this sort, I will be doing abit more research to figuring what components I need, as I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a 383 or larger displacement yet, but I will contact you (Brian) when I get to feeling better- and we can have a chat

Last edited by brucebruce; 01-07-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

AD Performance is the ****! Out of every vendor I've ever dealt with, Bryan def tops the list. They have the best prices and their customer service is un beatable.

If its not on their site call them, they usually have it. The only other place that compares with their prices is cnc-motorsports but last time I ordered LS1 rods from them, they shipped me SBC rods and it went down hill from there. Cost an extra month on the build and a load of BS.

I've ordered two rotating assemblies, rods, and about to order my heads from them. Good people!

Quick Reply: AD Performance Stroker-kits? Anybdy heard of 'em?