Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running off-road pipes - Put bullets in SLP y-pipe of before the exhaust tips??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running off-road pipes - Put bullets in SLP y-pipe of before the exhaust tips??

I'm running the Mufflex 2-1/2" off-road pipes with the SLP y-pipe on my 02' and I already have the Dual/Dual factory cat-back. I have the same terrible rasp everyone always has.

I have (2) of the 2-1/2" bullets 12" long. They would fit better before the rear tips but I want to completely eliminate the rasp. It seems the guys running them in the y-pipe still have it to a small degree.

Thought I read a post of someone who completely got rid of it by putting the bullets before the tips.

I also though about putting another 3" x 12" bullet in the I-pipe if that would help.

Can anyone help me out???

Thanks

Chris
Old 03-05-2002, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Running off-road pipes - Put bullets in SLP y-pipe of before the exhaust tips??

I've got em in the Y-pipe and it does remove a lot of the rasp although now instead of rasp, I have this annoying glasspack sound from the bullets. A frind of mine and I did the same custom spintech setup on both our cars with macs and ORP. I've got the bullets in from a previous exhaust (LM) and he just has a standard ORP. His sounds awesome. The rasp is there, but the spintech sound totally makes up for it. Mine sounds very glasspackish from the bullets. I'm going to have one of them removed this week and see if theres a common ground between the my car and his. Seems like theres no winning with LS1 exhausts.

[ March 05, 2002: Message edited by: 98blackSS ]</p>