Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird noises... Oil pump??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird noises... Oil pump??

Well today I start driving away from work and my oil pressure is at around 25-30 at idle and at WOT it drops to 10-15. While driving I hear this weird sound kind of like something is rattling around somewhere. This only happens under throttle though. Doesn't matter if it's 1st, or 5th... The throttle does need to be above say.. 10% however. I checked my oil when I got home and it was a little low. I put more oil in, and waited a little bit and took the car for a drive again. Oil pressure at idle still around 30psi. It basically stayed still at WOT. There is no performance difference. So I figure broken spring, pushrod, rocker arm or anything like that is out. Thats why I assume it's the oil pump. What do you guys think? Also, is ARE the only and/or best place to buy an upgraded one from? Also, does any one have an install document? TIA

Jason
Old 04-07-2002, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Weird noises... Oil pump??

Update... Oil pressure is normal now, but the sound is now there under idle. Sounds like it's coming from the passenger side head, not 100% sure though. It's also more like a clacking noise. Any ideas? Also, does anyone have a site they reccomend for instructions as to how to take off the valve cover, and check everything there?? TIA

Jason