Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a #317 cast head

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 05:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What is a #317 cast head

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by One Monkey:
<strong>6.0 heads and LS6 head are not the same except for the Chambers. 6.0 Intake port and LS6 intake port is very diffrent!! guys who are saying this oviously don't know what there are talking about.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hold on here, the LS6 and 6.0L heads have DIFFERENT CHAMBERS! The LS6 has 62cc and the 6.0L has 72cc, that's what has to happen to get the lower comp ratio in the larger displacement engine both with flat top pistons.

You just walked off the plank with that statement
Old 03-22-2002, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by One Monkey:
<strong>Hmmmmmm....... Lets see because I ported about 8 sets of truck heads..... 6 sets of LS1 heads. 6 set of LS6 heads and mess with a port on a C5R. oh and I have a set of each one not counting the C5R here right now. I wonder if that gives me some Idea... what you think??

There not the same.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fair enough. But I DO KNOW that the 6.0 intakes ports are much better than the LS1/5.3 intake port. I guess I was assuming they must be the same as LS6 intake ports since the short side is so much better. And from looking at pictures, they sure look the same to me.

Now this begs the question; Which intake ports are better: LS6 or 6.0L? And what are the differences?
Old 03-22-2002, 06:38 PM
Launching!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SStrokerAce:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by One Monkey:
<strong>6.0 heads and LS6 head are not the same except for the Chambers. 6.0 Intake port and LS6 intake port is very diffrent!! guys who are saying this oviously don't know what there are talking about.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hold on here, the LS6 and 6.0L heads have DIFFERENT CHAMBERS! The LS6 has 62cc and the 6.0L has 72cc, that's what has to happen to get the lower comp ratio in the larger displacement engine both with flat top pistons.

You just walked off the plank with that statement</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SStroker I know that.... I was quoting an above statement that was made saying" the LS6 heads and the LS1 6.0 head had the same Intake ports. and the only thing diffrent was the Chamber"

I was stating that is very far from the truth.
As the Chamber and the whole Intake port is diffrent.
Old 03-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Launching!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jantzer98SS:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by One Monkey:
<strong>Hmmmmmm....... Lets see because I ported about 8 sets of truck heads..... 6 sets of LS1 heads. 6 set of LS6 heads and mess with a port on a C5R. oh and I have a set of each one not counting the C5R here right now. I wonder if that gives me some Idea... what you think??

There not the same.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fair enough. But I DO KNOW that the 6.0 intakes ports are much better than the LS1/5.3 intake port. I guess I was assuming they must be the same as LS6 intake ports since the short side is so much better. And from looking at pictures, they sure look the same to me.

Now this begs the question; Which intake ports are better: LS6 or 6.0L? And what are the differences?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jantzer I belive every Head porter would have his owen feelings.... But from the stuff I have done the LS6 still is better. High lift #s on the LS6 still goes in too the 345-350CFM range. I yet too get up there with a 6.0 head.
Now I have seen 340CFM LS1 heads (Nothing I have done)but the cc from one too another is very diffrent. As for the diffrences... short side size, port turns, things like that. on a ported head it's a little harder yet still very distinctive depend on head porter. but there are very diffrent Unported.
Old 03-23-2002, 07:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brett

you have mail
Old 06-25-2002, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Not sure if anyone cares anymore....However I have 2 sets of LS6 heads one on my Z06 and another ported set sitting right in front of me....

BTW,
Both are of the casting 243............

Another note....the LS6 ports are set slightly higher then the 6.0L heads, also about the C5R head....they are a different head all together...aside from the fact they also have raised ports and a different chamber...they are an 11* head!

Just my $0.02!
Old 06-25-2002, 05:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Don't forget the 6.0L head cores cost $400 for both, while the LS6 head cores cost $1200 for both.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:39 PM
*Bad Trader*

can some one confirm that casting #241 is a stock '01(z28) head. cuz the truck heads( or at least i was told they were truck heads) had the same number on the. wtf.

Quick Reply: What is a #317 cast head