Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing loudmouth resonator with a 1 chamber flowmaster?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing loudmouth resonator with a 1 chamber flowmaster?

I posted this over at ls1.com, but no has replyed yet. Here is the problem im having; I just installed my hooker y-pipe to my hooker longtubes, and with my loudmouth catback, im getting the most horrible raspy sound. My homemade custom y-pipe didn't sound all that bad though. UM? Anyways, i bought a 1 chamber delta flow flowmaster today to replace the slp resonator thats currently on the loudmouth. Has anyone done this? Will it sound good? more lopey? will it fit? Thank You....
Old 05-16-2002, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Replacing loudmouth resonator with a 1 chamber flowmaster?

I don't think that muffler will fit, fist off. Secondly replacing the resonator with a bullet muffler won't do **** to stop the sound, I've heard bullet muffler with off road setup and they are still way loud. What I did with my loudmouth was replace the resonator with a straight thru pipe and cutout and weld in a Borla XR-1 oval muffler in the rear, you need to block off the passenger side exhaust tip to do this, but it's stealthy as hell, lightweight and very free flwowing. I kind went all out on the muffler you go probably just go with a magnaflow, or dynomax or some other cheap muffler if you wanted. Replacing the resonator with a bullet won't do much IMO.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Replacing loudmouth resonator with a 1 chamber flowmaster?

Im not replacing it with a bullet, im replacing it with a (1)chamber flowmaster. I should flow almost the same as the bullet, but i would think it would sound better. Keep in mind, that this 1 chamber flowmaster is only 6 1/2 long by 4" thick. So i think it may fit.

<small>[ May 16, 2002, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: new-LS1 ]</small>

Quick Reply: Replacing loudmouth resonator with a 1 chamber flowmaster?