Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i get heads or headers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: should i get heads or headers???

They both work hand in hand.. To get the full effect of either one you really need the other to help it. But honestly I would probably go with headers first. A set of Hooker headers is what I just put on my car and I love them. THe only part I didnt like was the fit of the y pipe.
Old 05-24-2002, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: should i get heads or headers???

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 2kredCSS:
<strong>They both work hand in hand.. To get the full effect of either one you really need the other to help it. But honestly I would probably go with headers first. A set of Hooker headers is what I just put on my car and I love them. THe only part I didnt like was the fit of the y pipe.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On the other hand, it's cake to stuff a set of headers on, but horrible to do a head swap twice. Why not take advantage of your situation and do the head trick. The stock manifolds with ported heads won't get you any less hosrepower, and a big kick is only an hour's wrench away when the header cash is available.

I'm lazy, so I'd never opt to do a difficult job twice.

DO IT!

SC
Old 05-25-2002, 12:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default should i get heads or headers???

well i have the heads off of the car right now getting some valves replaced...do you think i should goto some stage II heads while they are off and keep my stock manifolds for pry about a year longer...or just leave the heads stock and get some long tube dynatechs? which one will net me the most hp? btw i have a T1 cam. thanks

<small>[ May 24, 2002, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Paul D. ]</small>