Sponsored by:

Follow up on LS6 intake install

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up on LS6 intake install

Here is a follow-up on the LS6 intake install:

Let me start off by saying, what a PITA install. I have 11 hours in this thing, and I'm only 75% done A cam install is ALOT easier than this. Reaching those back 4 manifold bolt, and unscrewing them, is like playing with knives. EVERYTHING POSSIBLE either cuts you, or rips off a few fingers I need like 2 pints off blood pumped in me and then i should be good. Anyway, I had to disconnect the fuel line going to the rail, because i couldn't pop the injectors back in. All the damn wires in the back were getting in the way, and the vaccumm booster hose got caught on everything. Long story short, for the time, and bloodshead i have in this MOD now, there better be a nice increase in performance Question though: There is no way possible to get a TQ wrench to the back 4 bolts, so what would you do if you were me? Just hand tighten then snug around once, and then tighten then a little harder around the second time.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2002, 08:45 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Follow up on LS6 intake install

What the heck are you talking about? A gm intake manifold swap takes maybe 2 hours. You dont need to torque all the bolts down if you can't get a wrench on them...just make them hand tight...gaskets are rubber, and the threads are aluminum so its not gonna take much force.

This will be one of those jobs that'll take you 1/5th the time next time you do it...trust me. Its like changing spark plugs...some people think its a nightmare, others do it in 30 minutes.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Follow up on LS6 intake install

Yes, you are right. The first time is a nightmare, but if i have to do it again, i could more than likely get it done in 2-3 hours. But this first time is a Bit*h. Ol'well