Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR 205 Heads vs TSP/PRC 200cc Terminator Heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YellowToy/A
I see lots of opinions but not alot of facts. Any one flow back to back a set of each? Any one know of back to back testing? Any one have any others tests?
Facts? Flow data isn't the full picture, so I don't know what you're gonna do with that. I'd look at the IMPORTANT info. Like would the people who OWN a set of the heads buy another pair. Or look at how many sets a company claims to have sold, but still there's only about 3 good reports on one of those heads mentioned. That should give a very clear and easy answer to anyone with a 4th grade or higher reading level.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch u told me. It is about 500.00$ less because I got good springs.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

No, I wasn't trying to "tell you". I was trying to tell anyone to look at reality and not advertised numbers that really mean very little. If flow numbers mean so much, then Dart 205s wouldn't be such good heads.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

My TSP LS6 heads are treating me very good. Unmilled with stock head gaskets making better numbers than AFR 205 milled/G5X3 combos.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

I'd like to see those dyno graphs overlayed. I'll agree you could have similar peak numbers, but I don't see any way you've got an overall better curve. And that's the numbers that count.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by speedracer5532
Maybe if Brian Tooley wasn't such a tool and had a better attitude then more people would posibly consider the TEA/TFS heads.
that is exactly how i feel i actually had a set of tea tfs heads and hated brian tooley's customer service so i sold the heads and bought afr's and tony mamo has been nothing but helpful all the way.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stripes1987
that is exactly how i feel i actually had a set of tea tfs heads and hated brian tooley's customer service so i sold the heads and bought afr's and tony mamo has been nothing but helpful all the way.
I have had a similar experience awhile back. I actually sold my old TEA heads and went to a set of Patriot. Same setup I went faster at the track on a warmer day. Since then I have upped the ante and went to a set of AFR's. Just the seat of the pants difference now is unbelievable. I would run AFR/Patriot heads all day long before anything else. JMO
Old 02-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by N4cer
I'd like to see those dyno graphs overlayed. I'll agree you could have similar peak numbers, but I don't see any way you've got an overall better curve. And that's the numbers that count.

I definately agree with you about the curves being different. The AFRs definately have more low and midrange torque over my TSP LS6 heads, but numbers on paper doesn't mean didly squat to me. On the track and at the strip is where it counts. I ran a milled AFR headed car from a roll last week. Since he had a better area under the curve, he jumped out half a car and that was about it. A half car isn't worth the extra $1200 in my opinion, which is my main argument. The Ls6 heads by TSP holds it's own and is definately a bang for the buck. I'd definately like to see a TFS 215 headed car up against an AFR 205 headed on the street and not paper. Paper is superficial and it is what it is; PAPER.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by N4cer
Not relevant. The topic is the TSP Terminator heads. They're an aftermarket casting.
My bad. I didn't know they were Edelbrock castings.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see lots of opinions but not alot of facts. Any one flow back to back a set of each? Any one know of back to back testing? Any one have any others tests?
The fact of the matter is that the AFR head is much better. Check out the pictures in the link I posted above. That's reason enough to get the AFR heads!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

I would DEFINATELY buy AFRs again. I have no FAST 90/90, no big "donkey dick cam", no fancy headers, no elec waterpump, and I made 446/411 through chambered mufflers, 4.10s, with full belts, filter in place, and a safe 12.8 A/F ratio.

One of the tuning pros on this board could possibly extract more out of it, there wasnt alot of time spent on the tune at all.

The 122 mph traps in a full weight car back the numbers up
The only heads I would spend my money on would be AFRs or TFS
Old 02-14-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by c5_ls1_6spd
My TSP LS6 heads are treating me very good. Unmilled with stock head gaskets making better numbers than AFR 205 milled/G5X3 combos.
lets see the dyno chart.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
The 122 mph traps in a full weight car back the numbers up
The only heads I would spend my money on would be AFRs or TFS
very nice!

totally agree about AFR's & TFS both consistenly make great number!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

AFR all the way!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stripes1987
I hate to hear that you think that our customer service is that bad. I know you had a problem that was beyond our control, so you were given a brand new set of TFS heads in exchange for your used ones, new gaskets and bolts, and a free set of roller rocker arms, if I'm not mistaken?

So what part of our customer service did you hate so bad? If it was the original wait time then I am sorry, once again, we were waiting on castings and that was out of our control. Good luck with your new setup.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Brian has been a good guy to me. Heck, he has checked up to see how my setup is coming along even though I didn't purchase anything from him, despite me taking up about an hour of his time on the phone. I think a lot of the younger crowd wants to have their hand held when making an internet purchase.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

Yellow Toy/A why don't you just buy the P1SC that you really want and quit being a damn *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA!!!! LOL!!!

Just kidding Walter...though seriously I think you will wish later that you went the FI route...

Maybe one of these days I will actually know what the FI route is like...

But back on topic...BUY THE FREAKIN AFR's!!!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personially I would do the trick flows, but thats just oponion.
I have nothing against AFR or PRC. PRC hasn't proven as much but I know they offer a nice product for a better price.
Honestly this type of thread is kinda like a Camaro vs Trans Am thread. There is really no correct answer just a matter of oponions.
Go with whatever head your feel most comfortable with.
There are more AFR fans on here then probally any other head company. They diserve what they have. They were first with the aftermarket product, have very good customer service and their heads work. With that being said they might not be the head for everyone. Call the guys at AFR/PRC/TFS/ETP/Dart/etc and whoever offers the best product for your budget would be my choice.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ouch u told me. It is about 500.00$ less because I got good springs.
Actually if you look at texas speeds site they sell the afr's with the same dual springs you get with the terminator heads for under $2200 and on top of that they even have free shipping on them so why wouldn't you buy them
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/cate...MID=1&catid=40
Old 02-14-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Anybody notice yet the number of people owning each set of heads that has spoken up? It's pretty clear if you're reading the thread. It very easily answers QuietStorm's question.

I don't own either, and I don't have a preference per se. I just believe that with most "which is better" questions, all that one has to do is look around the board. See who is speaking up for a product. Many times the people speaking up don't even own a product, and are just regurgitating what they've read on a message board... usually by people with a financial interest in the product.

This question is one of those exact situations.