Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Perfromance Shops in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfromance Shops in Texas

Anyone know of any performance shops around central Texas?? I'm in San Marcos Texas but don't know of any around San Antonio or Austin.

Reason I'm asking because I hear a scrapping noise coming from my passenger side cylinder head. It goes away after car warms up. I got a Haynes manual for it and it says "An overlapping metallic noise that increases in intensity as the engine warms up indicates abnormal piston and cylinder wear (Chapter 2). To locate the problem cylinder, use the procedure described in paragraph 1."

I think its one of the two front pistons. I would try to do it myself but don't have the tools our step by step instructions on how to check and reinstall them.

Anyone knows about the average charge for this service would be for a local shop?? How bout a dealership or an performance shop for LS1's??

Thanks for the Help
Daniel.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you do do not go to the dealership. Just get out the yellow pages and call the motor rebuilder with the biggest ad =)
Old 02-22-2007, 02:16 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannyboy81
Anyone know of any performance shops around central Texas?? I'm in San Marcos Texas but don't know of any around San Antonio or Austin.

Reason I'm asking because I hear a scrapping noise coming from my passenger side cylinder head. It goes away after car warms up. I got a Haynes manual for it and it says "An overlapping metallic noise that increases in intensity as the engine warms up indicates abnormal piston and cylinder wear (Chapter 2). To locate the problem cylinder, use the procedure described in paragraph 1."

I think its one of the two front pistons. I would try to do it myself but don't have the tools our step by step instructions on how to check and reinstall them.

Anyone knows about the average charge for this service would be for a local shop?? How bout a dealership or an performance shop for LS1's??

Thanks for the Help
Daniel.
PORT PROS in Austin. Can't go wrong.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Lethal Performance in San Antonio. they dyno tune as well. top notch shop.

fuerzaws6
Old 02-23-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

did someone ask if there is a performance shop in texas? lol. sorry, that just sounded real funny to me.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BirdmanLS1
did someone ask if there is a performance shop in texas? lol. sorry, that just sounded real funny to me.
Lol i was thinking the same thing
Old 02-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dannyboy81

Thanks for the Help
Daniel.
Lethal Performance (210) 656-5220 ask for Danny
Murillo Motorsports (210) 946-1199 ask for Mike
American Racing Technology - Buda, TX ask for Cody
Prewitt Racing - Austin, TX ask for Richard
Old 02-23-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta throw in my 2 cents, Lg Motorsports, but they are a ways from you being in Wiley, Tx

Good luck....