Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After break in, my oil pressure at idle has dropped

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 05:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After break in, my oil pressure at idle has dropped

Is that expected? I had an ARE ported oil pump installed when I had my ARE shortblock installed. I broke the motor in with dino oil, 10W30. Unfortunately, I didn't really pay alot of attention to the oil pressure back then. I started paying more attention to it after I noticed it started dropping to around 30psi with hot oil. I think this was around 1500 miles on the motor. Now I use synthetic, Mobil 1 10W30 and it normally goes down to 25psi with hot oil. At night it may still stay around 30psi at idle. I have about 3000 miles on the motor now. But driving around the oil pressure is fine, mid 40s. Medium driving it goes up to mid 50s and 60s. Hard to say what it is with hard driving since you have to pay attention to the road, but I'm not too worried about that. Just curious if this is something I should have checked out or who really cares.

<small>[ October 07, 2002, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: akw408 ]</small>
Old 10-07-2002, 06:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: After break in, my oil pressure at idle has dropped

yep thats finle, mine did the same thing after the rebuild.
THe barrings are good now.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: After break in, my oil pressure at idle has dropped

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by smokinHawk:
<strong>yep thats finle, mine did the same thing after the rebuild.
THe barrings are good now.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So your oil pressure also started decreasing as well? What is your oil pressure now?