Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To build my engine a little bit.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: To build my engine a little bit.

BadAssY2KTA - I have the forged pistons you need on the shelf. They are a stock replacement piston for the LS1 and they have -2cc valve notches in them for oversized valves. There cost is $570.00 a set with wrist pins. If those are not what you are looking for give me a call and we can see what you need.

Thanks,
Chris Gelineau
Diamond Pistons
877-552-2112 toll free
Old 10-17-2002, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DIAMOND:
<strong>BadAssY2KTA - I have the forged pistons you need on the shelf. They are a stock replacement piston for the LS1 and they have -2cc valve notches in them for oversized valves. There cost is $570.00 a set with wrist pins. If those are not what you are looking for give me a call and we can see what you need.

Thanks,
Chris Gelineau
Diamond Pistons
877-552-2112 toll free</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chris, are these pistons forged? How strong are they compared to the Hypercrap stockers? I'm building a stock cubed motor for a back-up if my stock 80K motor decides to take a dump on me ...I would like some info on your pistons...N20 will be used on the motor FYI.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

Default To build my engine a little bit.

I was wondering how much it would cost, to build my engine up a little bit. Like new pistons(fly cut), rings, ARP head studs, new rod bolts, and anything else that is necessary to build a strong/killer 346 minus the heads and cam, I already know where I want to go with them. Also how hard is it to install these parts in your garage, I have done everything else so far and it wasnt that bad.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:34 AM
Launching!

JoSey - Our pistons are all forged, that is all we make. A forged piston is much stronger than the cast pistons or the hyperutecnics. I might have misspelled that. Our off the shelf pistons will handle a 150 shot all day long, if you are going to spray it with more than that I would recommend that we make you a custom that you could spray the hell out of. Give me a call and we can work on a pistons for you, I can also send you out a catalog. Just give me a call.

Thanks,
Chris Gelineau
Diamond Pistons
877-552-2112 toll free
Old 10-23-2002, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

I just finished with mine here are some prices for u.

Ross Forged Flat tops with Total seal rings $692.00 from Futral Motorsports

Rod bolts from Katech $122.00
ARP head studs from katech $205.00

Federal Mogul main bearings $78 from Napa
Clevite rod bearings $56 from Napa

Polish your stock crank and rods

this is good for 600-800hp depending on how high u plan on taching it, no more than 67-6800rpms