Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Rich Condition

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Rich Condition

I just installed a Lunati 55004 camshaft, Comp 914 springs, Hooker full length Headers, and three inch off road Y pipe, with Borla from the Y to the back, on my 98 SS M6. It also has a stage 2 JET performance chip on it, and it makes no difference what so ever on or off. The car has 23k miles on it, and had run fine before the mod, but after it, I now have multi cyl. misfire, and a VERY rich condition. I don't have any PCM programming capability, and a friend plugged it in to his diag. machine and just told me that it is in a rich condition. The car ran 13.40 on the G tech before the mods, and after it only runs 13.00. I know that the running conditions are not optimal, and am wondering what the next step would be to fix it.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Very Rich Condition

You really need to know what code(s) your car is throwing. Having a friend hook up a "diagnostic tool" tells us nothing about what the actual conditions are. Go to Autozone or Advance and get the car scanned. Those guys will be able to give you the codes to the problem.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:59 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,137 Likes on 740 Posts

Default Re: Very Rich Condition

As a short term solution, you can get a MAF Translator and try to use that to lean out the AF mixture.

Long term I would do tuning.

Ported stock MAFs can cause a car to run rich too.

I used a MAF T before to lean my car at idle since it was surging like crazy...