Sponsored by:

Problems with my car after heads/cam install

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my car after heads/cam install

Hey guys.

Well I installed my heads and cam last weekend.

the cam is 226/232, fully built/cnc ported 6.0L stage 2 heads.

Well, the car is acting a little weird. it was fine, but now it's getting worse.

I also just got a SES light last night.

The problem is mainly at idle, and low part throttle. It feels as though it's running super rich, but I pulled cyl#1 plug and it's fine. What happens is, when I come up to a stop, the car falls to 400-500 rpm, and feels like it wants to die, but always catches. After that, I take off slowly, and up to about 50% throttle, it feels as though something is seriously holding it back. If I keep my foot on the gas, all of a sudden, the car lurches forward, and then drives fine. Very strange.

My ypipe is completely loose (don't ask, its attached, just no clamps holding it to the hooker headers or mufflex catback), and I got a SES last night. Could this possibly be the o2 sensors? I need to autotap it tonight.

I read that if there is an exhaust leak, the o2 sensors will act weird? Any truth to this?

Any help would be appreciated. The car feels as though it's running SUPER rich, but once again, I checked #1 plug, and it looked good.

I drilled out the hole in the stock throttle body, and modified the flapper, so its slightly open at idle.

Thanks guys!

<small>[ October 30, 2002, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: bo0oost ]</small>
Old 10-30-2002, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Problems with my car after heads/cam install

BTW, the tr55's are at .045 (It was recommended to me by a LS1 engine builder)