Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Rebuild experts.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine Rebuild experts.

My dad gave me an engine block he said he got out of a 96 vette. Its a steel block with a steel crank 4 bolt main. I am no engine guy but I am about to do a lot of work on my ls1. 2000 m6 SS. I have the 224/112 cam, z06 intake, lid, cold air pkg, Hooker LTs, and 4.10 gears(that will not be put in anytime soon). The intake, cam and headers are to be installed very soon but its gonna cost so much I talked him into helping me and doing it ourselves. He said why not build this steel block because it will take more than that aluminum block. The block been bored 40 over already and has not seen the street yet.
1> Will my internals move over to that block?
2> Will my intake, Timing chain, headers, heads, all move over?
3> Will it be worth it. This conversion will cost me almost nothing but most importantly... Is my dad right? Will this be better?
4> I have not heard of anyone doing it and was wondering if I should give him this stuff back. I plan on using the venom 2000 kit he says I can max that kit on that block and more.
He knows the old school stuff pretty good. His 198x jag rapes my ls1. He walks me down like I do most ricers. It has some big azz block in it no N2O no induction all motor and he thinks its funny...Its not.

Any feedback would be taken very seriously so guys be nice.

I can post any numbers off the block if it would help anyone identify what it came out of. It says
S8
Old 11-02-2002, 07:10 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Engine Rebuild experts.

Thats a LT1 block, nothing will interchange with your LS1.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Engine Rebuild experts.

What Joseph said.

Wherever you ask, you'll get the same answer.