Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here I Go!!! Heads, Cam, Intake..No Experience. Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few things....

1st off, I havnt seen anyone mention headers. You WILL need headers if you want to throw heads/cam on your car or they wont flow right. Also, the MS4 is a streetable cam (I know because I have one on my DD) but it doesnt like AM/ ported/milled heads because of the huge lift. Many folks have run into this prob w/ the MS4 an TSP will tell you the exact same thing!
Old 04-03-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffass
A few things....

1st off, I havnt seen anyone mention headers. You WILL need headers if you want to throw heads/cam on your car or they wont flow right. Also, the MS4 is a streetable cam (I know because I have one on my DD) but it doesnt like AM/ ported/milled heads because of the huge lift. Many folks have run into this prob w/ the MS4 an TSP will tell you the exact same thing!
I though we went through that. Lift has nothing to do with PTV at that size cam.
Max lift occur at BTC (Bottom Dead Center) while PTV contact occurs close to TDC (Top Dead Center).
Old 04-03-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
I though we went through that. Lift has nothing to do with PTV at that size cam.
Max lift occur at BTC (Bottom Dead Center) while PTV contact occurs close to TDC (Top Dead Center).
Where is the beating the dead horse smiley???
Old 04-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
okay, your right... I guess i am referring to valve clearance... I'm not an expert on camshafts so I only know what i read/hear.

He does still need headers thought!

Quick Reply: Here I Go!!! Heads, Cam, Intake..No Experience. Help Please