Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What other parts do I need when I do a H/C install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What other parts do I need when I do a H/C install?

Im going with the GTP stage II h/c package from ls1speed. What else do I need with this install? Will I need new springs, retainers, pushrods, pistons, gaskets, and head bolts? If so, what brands and styles would you recommend. What exactly does the term “package” mean. Just the heads and cam? I will be running a 150 wet shot on top of the pkg also.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2002, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: What other parts do I need when I do a H/C install?

ttt
Old 11-18-2002, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The heads should come complete (read: assembled with valves, springs, etc...), so you shouldn't have to worry about that. However, hardened pushrods are also often installed at the same time (you'll find people who swear by hardened pushrods and people that swear by factory pushrods, though) to cope with the extra spring pressure/RPM. Additionally, upgrading the timing chain is pretty much a necessity.

Other than that, the sky's the limit... I have bought/am buying a lot of other parts for when I do my H/C package... Jesel rockers, Katech oil pump, ATI balancer/crank pulley, etc...

Since you didn't list what mods you already have, things like headers, a lid, etc... make a H/C setup a LOT more powerful. Something else you may want to consider (since you're going to be running a shot) is a MAF translator to fine tune your F/A ratio, since it is SO crucial with nitrous...
Old 11-18-2002, 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Find the instructions for a head/can swap which lists the parts...you did not include any gaskets in your lists....

If you can;t find it e-mail me and i will forward an MS Word copy...