Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screw The PCV ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Screw The PCV ??

A buddy of mine with a 99 T/A with H/C blocked off his PCV lines and installed a Metco breather. In 5k or so miles with lots of track time he says he has had no ill effects from the block off such as loss of oil pressure etc. My question is this, we try so many methods to try to keep oil out of our intakes (Such as catch cans) with limited success, and he has obviously eliminated the problem with no apparent problems. What are the potential problems of blocking it off. I know the cure cant be this simple, but so far so good for him?

Thanks Paul
Old 12-01-2002, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Screw The PCV ??

Oil consumption may go up since he has removed vacuum from crankcase area, making rings more susceptible to flutter and less oil scraping on cylinders. Pan evac. system would be better step in right direction.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just run a K&N breather on mine with no ill effects. It fits right over the neck that sticks up from the valve covers. It sticks up a few inches... that is not a problem with my swap, but i don't know about F or y bodies. the K&N number for the one with the crome top is 62-1460. it comes with a clamp and oil.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the input guys! Anymore opinions???