Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I NEED SOME CAM GUROS in here to help with ENGINE KNOCK..Pushrods ,lifters. wtf

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, just wanted to let you know. I fixed that problem that you are having. It WAS the oil pump o-ring. I replaced the oil pump with a ported LS6 unit from TR and put a new o-ring in it. Problem SOLVED! No more lifter noise after getting on it. Put it on the dyno yesterday and it did 4 hard pulls to the limiter, not a single hint of noise. This really does fix the problem that you are having, don't bother with the lifters, they are fine.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jz28 man i hope so im changin my oil pump o ring as we speak . got a new one the other day took my old one off and it has a small tear on it but it wasnt all the way threw the gasket. I noticed last night driving it if i keep the rpms around 3-3200 when driving it will start that knocking but i can put it in 5th-6th gear at low rpms around 1200-1600 and drive for a few mins and it goes away but as soon as the rpms go back up its their again. god i hope this fixing it ive not really been able to drive the car in 2 weeks except maybe 1-2 miles just trying to figure out what the deal was with it . and its killing me ive tried everything else except taking the heads back off and inspecting the lifters

Quick Reply: I NEED SOME CAM GUROS in here to help with ENGINE KNOCK..Pushrods ,lifters. wtf