Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think about this cam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shortdog
How many LS1 motors has this guy built? The LS series motor is a whole different ballgame. And, why ask a question when it's not the advice you wanna hear, especially from a member whos car RUNS? I never understood that about people.

When your car is ready and if it holds up, make sure to post up your 1/4 time to silence the critics.
Well the only motor I found on them to be posted on here was the 372 ci LS1 nitrous motor. I think it made something in the ballpark of 743 last time I talked to them and my installer thats good buds with them. Thats how we all hooked up to work with me on my car. Those HP numbers were NA and having some ignition issues. They told me about some Accel CDU or CDI box thats a prototype they are trying to test to see if it will light off the mixture better. Its got a fogger from the pictures but I was told it didnt want to light off with the MSD box running the MSD coil packs.

To me, thats an impressive LS1 for the parts that are being used. The next better motor setup that I could find from another shop was a 385 ci motor in the 6 speed Inc car. It has some expensive parts in it and didnt make that much more power for an all out NA setup. If a nitrous motor can make the numbers that were posted, imagine what a full on NA setup will do. Thats what sold me on letting my installer and them help me with me goals.

Anymore questions I can answer?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:20 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Nope, but there's no point of asking questions here since you know it all anyways. That kinna defeats the purpose, don't you think?

If you don't mind, post your results when it's ready and good luck.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shortdog
Nope, but there's no point of asking questions here since you know it all anyways. That kinna defeats the purpose, don't you think?

If you don't mind, post your results when it's ready and good luck.
Good deal. Glad I could listen to the excuses from the young pups trying to tell me how to make power. I made the post to see how many people would tell me off the wall stuff and stuff thats slightly correct. Consider this an audit of the "tech" information. For every 1 good response from Predator we get 20 ignorant response/nut swinger comments. Not too good for a tech board.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Good luck
Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, your still crackin me up over here. It's cute watchin you try to stand up on your own two little feet, when all you are really doing is spitting out what your engine builder told you

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
If the cam even slightly touches the piston...it runs GOOD.
I love your great technical explanation here.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Subscribe
Old 06-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
Dude, your still crackin me up over here. It's cute watchin you try to stand up on your own two little feet, when all you are really doing is spitting out what your engine builder told you

I love your great technical explanation here.
No kiddin-who the hell would want even a slight touch of the valve on the piston, he had best make sure he keeps checking those springs for wear since hes a DD.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Good deal. Glad I could listen to the excuses from the young pups trying to tell me how to make power. I made the post to see how many people would tell me off the wall stuff and stuff thats slightly correct. Consider this an audit of the "tech" information. For every 1 good response from Predator we get 20 ignorant response/nut swinger comments. Not too good for a tech board.
I understand you want all the power you can get, but the way you talk, it sounds like your running at the track, racing a top fuel dragster limited by their rules. There are better safer ways to make more power, why risk your engine for a DD, are you a dedicated street racer looking to just edge past everyone?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverbandit0996
somebody's questioning Predators authority?!? and with only 8 posts under their belt
ROTFLMAO....

this guy knows his stuff.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

If the valve train is stable... and there is some PTV.... why not run it on the edge.... too much PTV kills power????? hmmmmmm , closer the more air being cleared and forced out of the head.

bigger then a layed quarter? or we talkin penny thickness here.

If it never touches unless he has valve train issues... what is the big problem? What are the odds that it will touch in the future? One would think it would be wise to put some hard miles on it... pull the heads and look for any marks, right?

Last edited by WizeAss; 06-12-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

bump for another expert on the subject..... "the Professor" himself!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Well the only motor I found on them to be posted on here was the 372 ci LS1 nitrous motor. I think it made something in the ballpark of 743 last time I talked to them and my installer thats good buds with them. Thats how we all hooked up to work with me on my car. Those HP numbers were NA and having some ignition issues. They told me about some Accel CDU or CDI box thats a prototype they are trying to test to see if it will light off the mixture better. Its got a fogger from the pictures but I was told it didnt want to light off with the MSD box running the MSD coil packs.

To me, thats an impressive LS1 for the parts that are being used. The next better motor setup that I could find from another shop was a 385 ci motor in the 6 speed Inc car. It has some expensive parts in it and didnt make that much more power for an all out NA setup. If a nitrous motor can make the numbers that were posted, imagine what a full on NA setup will do. Thats what sold me on letting my installer and them help me with me goals.

Anymore questions I can answer?

That is the motor Chris Frank and RayMac did right?? The next best was the HKE/Greg Good motor right??
Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets see 1 guy knows what he is talking about from experince and the other guy knows what somebody told him? Hows that song go?

You ain't seen a thing
Tiill you break that 1st spring
Do wa Do wa Do wa!

Last edited by NC98Z; 06-12-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Add
Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
That is the motor Chris Frank and RayMac did right?? The next best was the HKE/Greg Good motor right??
Yes, thats the motor.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Arrow

Obviously P to V is only as good as how it was measured. Saying all that, if you really have .069 intake and .082 exhaust P to V it is pretty close on exhaust but will run ok with some good springs set up right and run at the right rpm or below. You could advance it a little to get more exhaust P to V and lose a little intake if you had to.

If this was checked with a checking spring then you may even have more P to V in reality with the deflection you usually have with the real springs installed. The valves are more likely to bend though when hitting something that's another angle rather than intoa pocket that matches them but either way they can bend.

If your valves are hitting the pistons though there is nothing good about that. Some small Comp Eliminator motors need to run very tight P to V and Quench to make any compression at all and on some really short pistons with tight top lands you don't want a relief that's too deep to make your piston too weak on the outside valve relief edge either.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:23 AM
12 Second Club

so this engine is built by experts! (NHRA) and driven by who? seems he did his research on who to build his motor so I give him that and it's all good. post #'s should not determined anybodies intellegence on LSX engines or automotive's, so he has $$$$. he has to. to have some experts build his motor to create "max" horsepower for DD use and know PTV is so close that CAN cause issues but, wants to kick every bodies @$$ on street just makes me wonder where I went wrong on my build! I'll say this, my f-body friends are somewhat same mind set as this guy but, how many times are thier cars breaking (3 or 4) a year cause they have the badest/fastest/close talorance/kicking my butt on the street car. well I dont dd my ws6 but it does put down 418rwhp/389rwtq and if I wanted to dd my ws6 it could handle that well. 2 yrs ago I did my mods and other then your dd maintanence it has not broke on me. some just learn the expensive way!!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

the best part is he just wanted to know what everyone thought ha
Old 06-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
the best part is he just wanted to know what everyone thought ha
It was more to get a chuckle out of all the people saying that it couldnt be done. Ever been fishing? Probably not since you were another caught on the lure.