Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydrolocked...$6k to fix...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, Predator-Z is giving you good info. Consider other cam options of youre willing to drive a noticeably cammed car...

How modified was the car, and how far do you want to go. Its very easy for you to get a damn strong heads/cam package for that budget if you dont mind doing the work yourself.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

running......
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
TSP is a good option. Do NOT get the LS6 replacement deal. What a rip off.
On the contrary, it is a good deal when your car is not paid off, and a requirement of the leinholder is that a factory built engine must be its replacement, either new or used. So there.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forged 408 bottme end around 3500 add some cheep heads and some juice
Old 06-15-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

Who is paying for your motor? Are you paying or is the insurance co paying for it under comprehensive. If so I'm going out to fill the pool and hydrolocking that ****** right now.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike s.
On the contrary, it is a good deal when your car is not paid off, and a requirement of the leinholder is that a factory built engine must be its replacement, either new or used. So there.
Never heard of a leinholder bein able to tell you what you can & can't do with the vechicle. They personally don't give a **** if its driving or on blocks as long as your payment makes it in on time. If anything it would be the warranty company from the dealer you got it from or possibly insurance if your lucky enough to get them to cover it.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

How long did it take for everything to go through with your insurance?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Never heard of a leinholder bein able to tell you what you can & can't do with the vechicle. They personally don't give a **** if its driving or on blocks as long as your payment makes it in on time. If anything it would be the warranty company from the dealer you got it from or possibly insurance if your lucky enough to get them to cover it.
This was an insurance claim, not a warranty claim. If there is a leinholder on the car they must also endorse the check that the insurance company writes you, that is the law. Typically a caveat of their approval for endorsement of the check is that the motor comes from either an established rebuilder, new factory engine, or a salvage motor that has equal or less miles than the car. If they smell hot rod you will get shut down. At the time when it happened my car it had 30k miles on it, and when the insurance adjuster said he would find a used one I laughed and said good luck, and he ended up not being able to find one. I tried to get them to buy a short block from several Houston area sponsors and they said hell no. The insurance adjuster found the LS1 long block from a dealer at list price, and it had a lead time of 4-6 weeks. Realizing that this guy knew jack squat about shopping for LS1 engines I got on scoggin dickeys web site and found the LS6 long block for 5300, with a lead time of 3-4 days. I showed him the quote, and I wish I had a camera to capture the disbelieving stupid look on his face. So in a nut shell I got a factory upgrade at no cost to me, which was the result of damage that was my fault to boot. Oh yeah, I feel totally ripped

Quick Reply: Hydrolocked...$6k to fix...HELP