Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question...

Took off the front timing cover, and saw that my cam gear doesn't look like the pics on LS1howto.com... so naturally, I figure I would ask here. In the pics, that's what mine looks like, and in the 2nd picture, is that little indentation the "dot" that I would use to line up the gear and crank sprocket when doing "dot to dot"? Thanks -J Edit: So as of 1/24/06 I am looking over the receipts the previous owner gave me, he had the timing chain, gear, gasket, etc. ALL replaced at a Chevy dealer so I would just assume that these are stock parts that just look different by some chance. Also found a receipt for an ENTIRE cooling system replacement, water pump, hoses, etc... All only a couple weeks before I bought the car, at least it's good to know all the stuff wasn't original, heh. It's nice to have these receipts

Last edited by lastcall190; 06-08-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I put the oil pickup tube back on, that was stressful... I got the bolt hand tight with the speedster wrench, not sure how tight it should be, ls1howto says hand tight so I guess that's good. I'll find out when I fire up the car, and if I have to tear it down because of the pinched o-ring (which sat itself on the pickup tube all the way at the bottom just by placing it on), I'll be pissed