Sponsored by:

Help with problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Help with problem

Here is what is happening:

I just put LTs, ORY, FAST 78mm, and BBK P&P'd TB. When i put turned the car on, the idle started at about 2 grand and quickly dropped to 1000. I let it warm up and took it on a ride.

When i was driving it i noticed that when the car would move (when i wouldnt push the gas) even the slightest bit, it would push the car to 50 mph slowly but surely. When it was pushing the car i decided to put it in neutral and it would go to 1500-2500 rpms (im not pushing the gas at all). i would put it back in gear and it would still push the car.

If i just start the car it will rev up to 2k and then move down slowly to 1k. If i push the gas down will rev up and slowly slowly come down to idle.

If i let the car move itslef and put it into neutral, it revs up like i said before, and if i hit the brakes and the moment i hit 0mph the rpms will fall to idle at 1k. Then ill put it in gear and it will move itself.

I thought maybe a vacume leak but i cant hear or feel anything. I dont know if the O2 sensors would cause this but i put the old ones and i did drop them, splice them, and they were really dirty.

I really need help, my car did fine on the trip home, 400 miles but i need to take care of this movment thing.

Thanks for reading,
Dakota
Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the throttle body have a spacer? Also check the idle screw on the tb and try adjusting your cable out. BBK's don't come with a hole drilled in the blade so you will probably want to drill a 7/32 hole in it. One of those will probably fix your problem right up. I would start with the idle screw. If the screw isn't already turned to where you can adjust it from the top side, take the tb off, pull the screw out and put it in the other way so the alan head is to the top so you can adjust it. That might be the only thing you have to do. But i can almost bet you will need to drill a hole in the blade.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

i have already adjusted the idle screw so it cant be that, there is a engine code p05710 or something like that. It basically says the engine is detecting that the idle speed is too high.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also might be unmetered air entering the engine. i would check you intake very good.