Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

383 with a vindicator cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 with a vindicator cam

i'm putting together a 383 ls1 right now and of course i'd like to give it a better cam to help it breathe. i was looking closely at the the vindicator cam before i decided to stroke it and i would like to know if the vindicator would perform as well in a stroker as it would in a stock displacement engine. has anybody used a vindicator cam in a stroker? probably within a year of this engine going in, i'll probably do heads. any ideas would be helpful

thanks,
Wayne
Old 06-13-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fbodyforever
i'm putting together a 383 ls1 right now and of course i'd like to give it a better cam to help it breathe. i was looking closely at the the vindicator cam before i decided to stroke it and i would like to know if the vindicator would perform as well in a stroker as it would in a stock displacement engine. has anybody used a vindicator cam in a stroker? probably within a year of this engine going in, i'll probably do heads. any ideas would be helpful

thanks,
Wayne
OK I'll ask the obvious...what is a vindicator? The cam spec's would be helpful.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fbodyforever

thanks,
Wayne

Vindicator works very well. We use them for 402's all the time. I have also put 1 in a 383 before. It was Z06 and it did very well. We also have what we call BIG BROTHER Vindicator which we use on our strokers alot also.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by david vericker
OK I'll ask the obvious...what is a vindicator? The cam spec's would be helpful.

240/244
Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike@Vengeance
Vindicator works very well. We use them for 402's all the time. I have also put 1 in a 383 before. It was Z06 and it did very well. We also have what we call BIG BROTHER Vindicator which we use on our strokers alot also.
I am considering a 383 with a Vindicator as well. When you say it did "very well", what kind of numbers are you talking about? Also, what are the specs on the Big Brother? Numbers for that one? Any input would be very helpful for me in my build...
Old 11-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The vindicator is a very good cam and makes great power even on a tiny 346.